Special VS Ordinary

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by MJ001, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Some people believe sex is a special thing.

Others believe it's just an ordinary thing.

What do you think?

2. Sex itself can be physical or very very emotional. So it's both, really

3. Deep down inside, I feel sex is extremely special thing.

But such sentiment is harmful for my emotional well being. So I regard sex as an ordinary thing.

4. I believe it's special. I mentioned 3 somes to my girlfriend and she was sort of into the idea. Then I questioned her about it and I told her they weren't a good idea. She was then unsure and then agreed with me. So then I felt the desire to mention a little something with one of her friends, or another girl since I was a virgin before her, I'm 18, and she's 17 and has fucked 2 other guys.. because I was curious.. and she was against it. Then I retold the idea and she agreed with me and said she would be willing to do it and would probably end up enjoying it when we did it despite the fact that she doesn't want to share me... and now I'm conflicted.. I believe it's special.. but what should I do?

5. Sex, to me, is ineffable.

6. At its base, sex is a very basic, primal thing. When virtually every species in the world does something, it's ordinary.

However, sex can also be one of the most special, emotionally charged experiences of your life. It all depends on who you're with, and how you feel about them.

7. Sex is a way for 2 ppl to bond in a way you can't with others. It's fun and recreational but should still be taking seriously. Have fun you only love once!

8. both, kind of

unprotected sex is special

9. Sex is special.

But threesome is even more special.

10. Just because sex is special, it doesn't mean you should only have it with ONE person.

--

What makes something 'special'?

And what makes something 'ordinary'?

11. But when you think about it if you can find someone you're absolutely in love with whom you feel is incredibly perfect for you as an individual is it best to hold onto them and be completely exclusive with that person in regards to sex?

She says she doesn't want to. I sometimes don't know if I want to, I guess I do but I feel it's too taboo. I'm into everything that isn't gross, but I feel that might be wrong and mess up a good thing. I want this girl forever, and she wants that too.

12. Very few people are 'exclusive' until the end.

Doesn't matter if you've been with one other, or twelve others.

The sense of being exclusive is gone.

But the couple still stay together.

In theory if you've been unfaithful, then the relationship should be over. But... in reality, it isn't over.

It just becomes hell.

Until you learn to live with it.

Then you get good at living with it.

And the hell becomes less of a hell... until it's faded from the memories.

And if you've learned anything from the experience, you'd be more careful next time.

13. #13 No Schwag, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    Should we be exclusive, or reconsider?

Edit: Now that I'm less high, I think I meant to type:

Should we consider trying someone else with us or be exclusion?

14. what do you mean by the question?

Sex is special because nothing else feels like it, nothing else can satisfy the drive for it, and there's no other drive or desire that's like sexual desire.

It's ordinary because almost everone has it, almost everyone thinks about it, and everyone exists because of it. It's a normal thing for people to want to do. It's a normal thing to do. It's abnormal to not have sex.

weird question.

15. I can't decide! When I'm high it's special, when I'm sober it's ordinary! But right now I'm high, so...i just answered my own question. thanks

16. Its an ordinary thing which should be done with a special person...

or persons:devious:

17. Sex is for making babies.

People cuddle and romanticize the shit out of it but it's purpose is procreation.

That's special, yeah but if our ancestors treated sex the way we do today, we probably wouldn't exist.

18. if our ancestors treated sex like we do today, world population would be exponentially higher. sexponentially higher, heh:cool:

19. No. There wasn't contraception or guys who thought that sex was some special deed only to be done with one woman.

Like Art said, they were fucking errybody.

20. Weird question indeed...

Well, I meant to ask if to you, sex is special. Coz what sex is to me, I have no idea.

--

Initially I would say sex is special. It's special coz it's what people do when they love each other. Sex is act of love.

But when the act is performed on someone else other than yourself, sex becomes act of treason.

A hateful crime.

So... I don't know.

Is it special?

Or does it mean absolutely nothing?