Special Queen #1 journal

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by blueleafpencil, May 7, 2017.

1. Hello everyone!
    I posted about 2 weeks ago about my grow preparation.Anyways, I don't think many of you saw that post, so here are the grow conditions:
    -strain Special Queen #1 (Royal Queen Seeds original seeds in original package) 10 seeds
    -outdoor grow
    -5 gallons pots
    -I use two types of soil combined(couldn't find one with optimal ph): one with 5-6.5 ph and the other 6.5-7 ph mixed together;
    -location is near water;
    -plenty of sun (80% hours direct sunlight)
    -the climate is temperate continental, without strong winds, but with relatively low average annual temperature
    -now at the beginning of may the temperature at day rises to 70 F max day temp and 50F min at night;
    -I aim with this specific strain at 100g/3.5 oz per plant dried;

I will try to update as soon as possible and post images with them; but for now:
    they were germinated with paper towel method,and planted on 3rd may (4 days ago); today I checked them: one of them was already 0.8 inches and had the first set of real leaves, another 5 of them fully germinated and the cotyledon sprouted; the last 4 of them grew the tap root but besides that they still have no leaves (I hope nothing happened to them);
    in 2 or 3 days I'll visit them again and check if they all sprouted successfully and I will also add some photos;

Meanwhile, if there is anyone who already has any kind of experience with growing outdoors / this strain I would appreciate any given advice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. #2 generic98547, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    She smells amazing haha I was happy as hell when mine sprouted man because my two I had actually bought failed to germ one started to grow but it grew a weird half leaf thing didn't make it above soil and didn't really grow a root it was weird. The special queen took a bit but had finally popped up at the very side of my solo cup very tiny I had missed it at first thinking my 3rd wasn't gonna sprout either. Take clones off of her so you don't have to worry about seeds anymore is all I gotta say. Cloning is easy easy. Very easy strain hard to mess up and likes a lot of nutes and can handle a lot more than the other plants I grow.

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nice! Anyways the biggest one I have grows pretty fast,I hope it keeps doing so. The grow is outdoors so the limit is the sky :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. So update guys!
    After some tough 2 days of rain and cold weather I checked my plants.
    6 of them are doing great, another two of them should grow the leaves. Unfortunately, two of them seem to have failed (one has the root out, the other grew the stem but it has no leaves???). Anyways I'm thinking of buying a few more seeds, to be sure at least 8-9 of them are going to give results.
    Here are the photos:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I have grown her inside a free seed she is awesome clone her forsure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So I checked them today. Most of them are doing great, with two exceptions.
    The first image with the perfect healthy one looks like the rest of them,I uploaded just one . The second one looks almost like the one before, but it has kind of a yellowish tent.I think it is N defficiency, tomorrow I'll give some fertiliser to her.And then there is the one in the third image,I thought that little seedling died a few days ago but apparently he survived(doesn't look too good tho, but it's alive).NOTE:I covered the plants from sun when I made the first two photos
    Also next days I'm planning to plant some LSD from Barney's farm. I'll keep you updated with them here in the same grow journal.

Attached Files: