Speaker grow box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smoney3000, Feb 25, 2014.

1. http://www.speakergrowbox.com/#!copy-of-hydro/c1nx6
    Hello, guys I'm new to the forum and a complete newbie in general, I wanted to know if you guys thought that this soil speaker cabinet for $219 is a good deal or if I should build my own. The thing I'm worried about is odor and I can't seem to find a reliable pc fan carbon scrubber. It seems like a good deal after loking at other stealth grow boxes and it comes with everything I'm looking for and it already built. Thank you guys, ive been searching the forums for a while and cant wait to grow.

2. I would just build a grow tent out of pvc man it's easy as hell and you can make it anyway you want.

Pvc is cheap too. I will take some pictures of the one I made maybe it could help

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Please that would be great. What did you use besides PVC and how do you control the odor? Thx

4. OK my camera is being ignorant but I'm still in veg but I made the coffee can carbon filter. Easy to make and cheap

5. That's the best I can do with my shitty phone camera.

Attached Files:

6. My temporary exhaust fan

Attached Files:

7. OK how many plants are you wanting to have growing at one time?

8. OK you can either use mylar or panda film. I like panda film cause it's cheaper and easier to work with. But it's all up to your imagination lol how ever big you want it to be I can fit 5 easy in there but I have to big a fan so it's just the 4

9. Thanks man, I'm only looking to do 1 or 2 plants at a time so I'll definently look into it more

10. OK what do you plan on using for light and how tall do you want them to be? I can literally help you design your tent down to a T

11. OK the top of that I have no clue where the hell that came from

12. I want to use cfls for lighting and I want the plants to be about 2-3 feet tall

13. I would honestly scrog 3 plants it keeps them really short and the only thing that comes through the screen will be buds. OK I would build it 32"x32"x3½'. And all you need is a 100cfm booster fan with a speed control. Cut a few holes in the bottom walls to act as passive air intake. Now you can build it bigger but if I was only going to use cfls that's how big mine would be. I made mine larger cause I'm getting a led panel. Any idea on soil or whatnot

14. If that was jumbled I apologize I'm incredibly baked. If you have questions just ask

15. For soil I wanted to use fox farms ocean forest and then use the general hydroponic go box organic nutes after the plant is in the soil for a month to prevent nutrient burn

16. Do you have a Lowe's near you? If so I would grab a potting soil called Promix it's in a compressed cubic foot. And why not use ff nutes? They are better imo

17. Yes I do, will I need to add anything to the pro mix or leave it as is, as far as the fox farms notes go I just think 50 dollars is a hefty price. Also what seeds do you recommend to begin with, I've had a couple ideas but I don't know if their good for beginners. Some strains I've had in mind are big bang, money maker, ask 49, blue cheese, afghan gold, the doctor, and northern lights.

18. Also how do you make a sheet of panda film light proof and odor proof, do you have to sow it on?

19. Nope panda film you use gorilla tape and tape it onto your frame I put a zipper on mine but some use velcro. But to make it odor proof you have to have a carbon filter attached to your exhaust fan. You can pay for a carbon filter or you can make one and also do you have a Blaines farm and fleet by you cause my cousin got my ff nutes for under $30