Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sparkling bud!?!?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by edd.excessive, Mar 11, 2009.

1. so i recently picked up some nice no-name skunk (£10/1.2grams). When i smoke a bowl of it it crackles and you can see sparks sorta jumping around in the bowl. It tastes fine through the pipe and if you just eat abit of bud so i dont think its cus they didnt flush the nutes when it was growing. Im worried that its adulterated in some way but i trust my guy and theres no extra harshness to the smoke.

any idea's guys? cus theres rep in it for anyone with a decent answer.

2. My bud did that once too- like the flint of a lighter.

Tuned in for solution.....

3. Its not laced with glass dust is it? ive heard horror stories about bud over in the UK.

4. I have gotten a few bags of "Brit Bud" with the same kind of effects when I smoked it through my bong... We came to the conclusion that its sand or grit, idealy you shouldn't be smoking it but It's not going to kill you.

5. Don't stems sometimes crackle? Maybe there's a minute amount of left over nutes?

6. Im for the USA ive had skunk that looked like reg bud but crackled i think its just because skunk is really resinous.. Or is this bud shiny as hell?

7. #7 edd.excessive, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    I appreciate the replys thanks.
    I dont think its grit weed as i trust my supplier not to sell that shit which is very rare in my experiance anyway. It also doesnt feel grainy to the touch or on my tongue. I dont think it has anything do to with the nutes but could i grower please confirm in by the grower not flushing the plants before harvest might cause this?

STbaseball09, Its really nice light green bud with red hairs and crystals but not a crazy amount. I would get a pic but i dont have a acsess to a camera. Its a really good smoke though gets me nice stoned definatly allota indica in there.

8. its either nutes or it wasn't cured all the way semi wet bud crackles like that

9. Nope its not the stems that crackle those are the seeds.

10. #10 CT Burnin, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    If you do feel it could be Grit Weed or would like to try the jus try scratching a CD with it, also, there would be an unormal amount of lose kief But It could just be that the fertilizer was left on the bud or your Nutes idea is a possibility Im sure your bud is fine Keep smoking :smoke:

- CT Burnin

11. take a little bit of it and put it between two cd's if it doesn't scratch them then its not grit :) it might just be something else in the bud, i've had it happen before in a blunt, so no biggy :)

12. Thanks for the reasurance guys, Im chowing down on a bowl of it and some hash atm :bongin:

13. i think somebody else mentioned it but it probably means it wasn't flushed properly during the grow, resulting in nutes/ferts being left in the leaves.

14. Common cause of crackling is if the bud wasnt drained of fertilazer enough. As for the sparkling, that seems a little weird...

15. I've had stuff like that except mine was very leafy. It was deffinatley indica dominant well if you have no lung/breathing problems than you just have some dank weed!

16. nothing to worry about, i get that once in awhile.

17. its prob from the lighter

18. good bud doesnt normally have seeds and if its what he described in a previous post than it won't have any seeds. plus it would only crackle when the seed itself is smoked.

to the OP
    the bud most likely was not cured entirely. if you said it doesn't feel/taste gritty it sounds fine to smoke.

19. i had bud like this recently scary shit strarted lightin like the 4th of julyy!

20. there's just some seeds in your weed, they pop when you burn them. make sure you take them out when you load a bowl.

i've had very bad experiences with seeds popping. we were having a session that we all brought different kinds of weed to, and we were smoking a friend of mines schwag out of her pipe that needed a screen bad. she packed the bowl since it was her weed, but even though she'd been smoking for a long time apparently no one ever told her not to put stems and seeds in. this shit was as bad enough as it was, but then i hear a pop and a spark shoots down the pipe and into my throat. we could all see it go down, because it was a glass pipe and the lights were off. it hurt so motherfucking bad!