Spare bedroom grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Metal621, May 29, 2019.

1. Hey all
    I'm a first time grower and just curious what size lights I would need. I want to grow in a spare bedroom so there is lots of space, dont care about the smell, it would be grown on a raised bench. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If I had a spare room n the cash to run em I’d run a 1000 watts hps or quantum boards for 4 plants doin more than 4 plants double the light

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Quantum Boards. And lots of them. Man I wish I had a spare room to grow in. Tents are for the birds!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. You need to figure out what your footprint is. Like how many square feet do you want to cover with light for flowering?

5. I don’t think as a first time grower that you should be trying to fill a whole bedroom with plants. Getting a 4x4 tent would be a good start to growing pot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I dont want to fill the whole room I just want to grow 4 plants in there

Sent from my SM-A520W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. So you’re wanting to use a 4x4 space in it?

8. also, if you grow photos you will need to light proof the room or a portion of the room. If you grow autos they will be out in the open under 24/0 or 20/4. I'm an auto evangelist. You grow autos in there and nothing matters. You can start a seed anytime you have room. Stagger your harvest. Fit number of plants exactly to the light. Accidently plant too many? No problem, one is always about ready to havest to make more room.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bruh go big u gotta do more than 4 or 5 in a spare room if I had a spare room it'll be a jungle in there

10. I’m with you! Lol idk if it was my first grow I doubt I’d have more than 4. But where I’m at now? Shit it’d be wall to wall of nothing but colas lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I actually have a spare room. It's where I am slowly setting up my indoor grow. Bunch of past debts just hit all at once so priorities. Anyways I don't plan on setting up the whole room with lights. I just grow for personal use and don't want shit tons of weed all over the place haha. So got a 5x5 tent just delivered and sitting in my spare room not even assembled yet. Waiting to start it right with an HLG qb I have my eye on.

12. SOLID decision. A lot of people rush into it and don’t get good equipment and it bites them. One of my biggest suggestions is if you can’t afford it up front do it little by little over time while researching how you plan to grow. (Setup, medium, nutes, growstyle, training etc...) then when you have everything you need start then. It allows time for getting everything planned out and to have good equipment. It makes a different. A well planned grow makes all the difference in the world.

13. If you only want to grow 4-5 I would setup a tent then I would get 3x4 qb96s and be done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1