Spam in All Sports

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Perpetual Burn, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hey, I think you guys need to ban the members jweel0011 and livetv07(and maybe others) who keep spamming up the All Sports section with links to watch live sports on other websites... I am pretty sure they are bots.

And bojon0112 who has spammed this very forum.

The machines are taking over!!! :eek:

;)

2. @ 2:14 Eastern Time, Spamnet became self-aware...................

3. [quote name='"Perpetual Burn"']Hey, I think you guys need to ban the members jweel0011 and livetv07(and maybe others) who keep spamming up the All Sports section with links to watch live sports on other websites... I am pretty sure they are bots.

And bojon0112 who has spammed this very forum.

The machines are taking over!!! :eek:

;)[/quote]

Agreed their bro

4. Are these being reported?

5. You need to take the 60 seconds between reports down a little bit. Especially with this spam over run.

It's a pain to report one then try to report another one only to have to wait a minute. I wanna go report crazy on their ass but its time consuming

6. OK...I am doing spam clean up right now on what I see.

7. I think at least the Sport area is cleaned up. Let me know if another area needs to be cleaned up as well and I will do it.

Rather than report a ton of them, link me to their profile in this thread and I will do my best to make them go *poof*. :)

*I subscribed to this thread.

I did a perma delete on the spam so the deletion notices would not clog things up. I may have missed some but I did my best in there. :)

8. Keep in mind that you don't have to report every thread they make.
    If it's a spammer who is flooding the forum, you can just report one thread and let them know that the user is flooding the forum with spam. The mods will understand and take care of all the users threads/posts. :smoking:

9. I think I got the majority of it in there. Thanks.

They are making user names that are so alike so once I think I have them, then I notice another user with the same name but with a slight variation. Damn!!!

10. the spam appears to be everywhere in smoking and usage

11. looks like budslingers onto it, in apprentice at least

god damned spambots

12. I need links to profiles so I can perma delete it all.

13. OK...I got all of those plus some more but DAMNNNNNNN...it's everywhere. Our filters must be dead in the water.

14. Bots registered by people typically bypass filters.

15. going to see if gnik can do something about it

SJ

16. Awesome! Yeah, it's unreal.

It's a bummer you guys have to deal with this. :(