Spain, organic 9 foot plant help please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by timber wolf, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Hello
    I was wondering whether someone could help me diagnose a small problem.
    Its veging atm and the plant still has lush growth of the top and sides. But towards the middle and the bottem of the plant some of the leaves seem to be going a yellow greeney rust at the leaf ends.

Can someone tell me if its a Nitrogen Def of a Magnesium Def? I have already done 1 tsp of epson salts to 1 gallon and watered it once with that 1 gallon a few weeks back, but i wasnt sure if it was enough as it is a massive hole that i dug and needs lots of water to fill the width of the root system. Can anyone offer any advise please. Should i give it more epson salts of nitrogen?

Oh yeah Also.

Im growing outdoors in Spain. Average daily temp here over the past few weeks
    is about 35C' and can get up to 40C late afternoon.
    Im growing in a Organic guana, coco fibers, perlite soil mix also with 10% original clay soil. Soil is very well airiated with plenty of perlite.
    Humidity is high during the day and night.. about 60 70 % humidity night times reaching
    100% humidity at night.

The plant has been in the ground since Month April so its about 5 months old.
    and 4 weeks before that in a plastic round pot.

I have not needed to fertilize the plant up untill 2 weeks ago, a few yellow leaves that started to pop up at the very bottem. Ive been giving it an Organic Marijuana fetilizer that you can buy in stores here. Its really good stuff and is made to suit the needs specificley to marijuana. has worked well in past grows. i use this twise week. I water the plant 22 liters of water every 2 days when its really hot here, which is most of the time.
    I spray once a week with a mild garlic spray. The plant is over 9 feet high 6 feet wide. Plant is an Unknown strain as i pick out seeds of bud that i have smoked.

Thats all i got... any ideas on what is wrong with the plant anyone? Mg def or nitro def... or something else? Anyone? THERE IS A LINK HERE TO THE PAGE WITH PICTURES AS IT WOULDNT LET ME UPLOAD THEM AGAIN, OR IM JUST A MONG AND I CANT DO IT.

2. i dunno whats up with your plant ,
    but id of thought it should be flowering by now ?? (i grow outdoors in scotland,well into flowering now,not sure about spain)gonna be a late harvest if it flowers

maybe next year buy proper outdoor seeds ,u sure seem to know what your doing by soil mix ect hope someone gives u good advice

3. #4 clodhopper, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    Its hard to say with out pics TW. I do know this much. As a plant grows, it priority is to make sure that new growth and reproductive growth recieve the nutrients necessary to flourish. If nutrients are deficient, the plant will begin to discard lower, older, less important growth . The closer you get to flower, the more the effect occurs.

Im guessing, but ive been growing outdoors for 40 years so its an educated guess. It could however be wrong, but i would consider it

When a plant concludes the days are getting shorter and the time to reproduce is approaching, it begins very rapid growth. while Cannabis grows a full season - perhaps 6 months, nearly 1/2 of the overall growth is observed in the 6 week period starting 3 weeks before flower sets in and lasting about 3 weeks into flowering. Indoor growers consider this to be "stretch". During this period, the plant needs a great deal of ntrogen. If the nitrogen isnt present, the first tendency of the plant is to discard the parts of the plant that arent important to reproduction. Ive seen plants that were terribly deficient that only had vegetaion on the tips of the branches and all others had been discarded. The bigger the plant, the greater the nitrogen needs and the more marked the effect of discarding.

This might be the touchy part for you, but ive found that organic ferts release their nutes in a steady, regular fashion and your plant has reached a stage where it needs high amounts of nitrogen and it needs a lot of it now. Today. Thats difficult for organics to achieve because of their very nature and the way they dissipate their nutes into the soil. It is not in big active dose..

I live at 38ish lattitude and starting mid - late july, i pump the nitro heavy with double doses of chemical ferts because i want to capitalize on that rapid growth period and the only way to achieve that is to give the plant all the nitro in needs. That isnt possible with organic nutes. YOu might give them just a couple of heavy doses of a high nitrogen water soluble fert which will show results the next day and get you passed this stage of growth without loosing yeild, which you will if corrective action isnt taken.. That should help the plants and then you could resort back to the organics for the flowering stage once this high growth stage has passed.

good luck with whatever you try. Happy harvest.

4. Yeah, im not sure why it isnt flowering yet.. strange, maybe its a late one or something.
    All of my other plants are 2 weeks into flower..but this one aint. Next year im going to be getting some good seeds online so i know what im growing. Outdoor seeds like you said. cheers