spacing plants

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Supremosteve, Apr 21, 2013.

1. How far would you space your plants if your going to grow them for about 2weeks then 2 flower?

2. Anyone? Just curious I'm going tp try n get 24 in a 4.5x 3.5 area

3. That'll be tight, but for two weeks veg it seems about right. They'll be about 6-8" apart on center. It'll be tight but it'll work. If they're in 1 gallon pots that's about 7" on center and they'll fit in a staggered 5-4-5-4-5 pattern.

Two weeks flower?

4. 2 weeks then flower correct, and thr seeds arnt fem so ill be plucking males out

5. Oh two weeks veg then flip to flower? Ok. It'll work, thats pretty quick. Longer than that or faster growing would probably over crowd. And hey, if you have to chop down a few for the good of the rest I, for one, support you. Just cull the sickly one and you'll be golden.

Hope you get a bunch of females! Good luck.

6. I often grow plants in 5" square pots with a week of veg and they do ok, a little over crowded but the extra bud on harvest day makes it worth it. I fit 21 plants in a 1.5' x 4' area. I think your plan will work just fine

7. Thx for all the info guys. I appreciate it

8. what hydro system will you be using?

9. Ebb and flow

4 x 3.5 flood table

Might use 1 gallon net pota or just might them chill in the hydroton

10. if you have enough hydroton I would completely fill the flood table with it. I'm currently putting a miniature flood table together, well, more of a tray than a table haha. 1.5' x 2' and its going to have 4 plants in there and a screen right above them.

can you put some photos up of you setup?

11. Yea ill post some pics soon but no, no screen. I wanted too but I sont have enough timw to scrog so its foing to be a quick grow

12. Its a diy flood table using 3 large mortar trays put together to make one big one. Its pretty sweet