Space thread

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Dizzy, May 29, 2018.

1. #1 Dizzy, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    I have been interested in everything about space since I was a little girl. So I thought I would make a thread for anything that has to do with it.

It's been my dream for a long time to go to another planet lol it would be the coolest adventure ever! Anyone else agree with me?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. That's the one thing that completely blows my mind. Space has no end. Think about that. No. End.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Odds are that we have doppelgangers out there on another earth like planet. Probably better odds than the lotto.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 Dizzy, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Lol or it would be cool if we discovered other species that are smart like in the halo video games. :biggrin::roflmao:

Lol seriously tho I hope something cool like that happens in my life time!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Space is cool as hell but also like 99.999% of it will fuck you up real good.

I still want to go to Mars, where is my boy elon with my ticket?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I want to grow cannabis on mars.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. They are recycling old footage on the stream now but one of the falcon 9 launches is about to be shown again lol

Next launch should be June 1st

• Like Like x 1
  8. I used to be called "stargazer" in my youth group because I would climb up on the church roof and look at the stars while almost everyone chatted inside after the session before parents arrived to pick us up.

I can't say I'd want to live on another planet at this point, even if we find a planet suitable for human life it could take a long time before we build enough for it to become a comfortable place to live, and an inhabited planet has just as much chance of being hostile as it is of being peaceful (and unless the citizens of that planet see a lot of other space travelers, they probably would be hostile). However I would happily live on a ship and travel around the galaxy just to see what there is to see.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Space is big, really really big, so huge everything we see is basically an illusion, we can only see how things once were.
    For examples, for light to travel from the Moon to Earth it takes over a second, Mars to Earth it takes from around 3 to 20 minutes, and if the Sun were to somehow burn out, we wouldn't know it for over 8 minutes;
    to put the "really really big" into perspective, the farthest galaxy ever found so far is about 13.3 billion light years away, so it takes about 13 300 000 000 years for light to reach us, that's
    6 995 268 000 000 000 minutes. Feel small yet?

And to answer your question, it would be quite the experience visiting another plant, but I don't think I could afford to take time off work for the trip, taking a year or two off and get to visit for a week is not really in my budget.

• Like Like x 3
  10. And considering the universe we can view is 13.7 billion years old it might be at the edge of what we consider to be everything... The outskirts of existence

11. Love space and everything involved. I'm from Chicago, lived there until a few years ago and we had the best planetarium. It was an awesome place. We had year round passes and went at least twice a month from the time my son was about 5, he's now 14. They updated and changed exhibits frequently. They had the dark room where they displayed all the stars in Chicago's night sky, most of which you can't normally see due to light pollution. If you ever get the chance I suggest you see it.

Also, there are a few "dark sky" locations in the U.S. and they're the darkest, best spots to look up. I've been to the one in Pennsylvania and let me say as a city boy my whole life, I never imagined the sky was that full of stars.

And luckily I moved to Clarksville, TN. The best location for viewing last year's solar eclipse, how lucky is that? That was one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. The chance of a lifetime.

Anyway, yea, I got much love for outer space.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

12. That's cool! Where is it going tho?

~Toni~

13. Just putting things into polar orbits around Earth (at least the mission it was showing when i posted that)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. I know it's impossible because of the air not being the same as earth but I would like to land on the planet Venus if I could lol.

~Toni~

15. And the thickness of it's atmosphere and all the crap within in make it like 800 degrees F with it's proximity to the sun

No thanks!!!

16. Lol wow man I never knew it got to 800 degrees

What do you mean by crap lol?

~Toni~

17. Imagine trying to send a fat person out to space lol

18. Imagine watching all the fat flabs fold back under the g force lol

19. Well it has clouds of sulfuric acid lol