Space Needed/Cost For Volume?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TruthfulDeceit, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I'm looking in to setting up a grow room capable of growing myself about a pound a month. That means after the first cycle, every month I'd have a new pound(or a few ounces every week) dried and cured.

How much space would something like this require? And how much money do you think would be required for start up cash?

I know their broad questions, but I'm looking for broad answers lol.

2. you'd probably need a good room about 10x10 and 3 grand. there's some rough answers

3. You could set up a SOG with 32 plants, with half on one maturity timetable and the other half staggered by 4 weeks. Then every 4 weeks harvest the 16 plants that are at 8 weeks (you will need a strain with a roughly 8-week flower cycle).

At the rule-of-thumb of 1 plant per sq ft, 32 plants would need 32 sq ft plus moving-around space. Could be a little smaller than that since SOG ops don't let the plants bush out and use smaller containers. Other than that you would need a separate cloning chamber and place to keep your mother(s) in perpetual veg.

4. Would that provide for a pound? 16 plants would average an ounce a plant in SOG. Is that a good estimate? And would I have to use strains bred more for SOG growing?