SPACE HEATER

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SkyKing65, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Doing a first ever winter grow, organically.  Need to heat up my small tent which is in my 55-60 degree basement.  Need space heater advice.  I'm well set up for venting in and out and my 400Whps will take care of much of the heat when it's on.  If you've had experience with this or know a bit about it then pipe in - I'm all ears.  I'm more so worried about a heater that puts off any light, like a glowing element.  Any help is appreciatted.     

2. Go spend $20 at Walmart for just a small one. You can set it outside the tent and it will keep it from getting too cold.
    Don't need anything too fancy. I grew in a tent in my shed during winter. It worked out fine.

3. I like the oil filled ones. Put it on a thermostat too.

suggestions, hints and tips welcome always.

Stay cool

4. It'll if I'd go with oil. Idk I guess I'd worry about fire if it spilled just me though.
    A thermostat is nice but even a timer of 15-30 mins on then off for that long and so on.
    I did get a nice thermostat off Amazon for about $30.

5. #5 GOLDENBOY, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
    [quote name="M3DICIN3MAN420" post="19001340" timestamp="1384726618"]It'll if I'd go with oil. Idk I guess I'd worry about fire if it spilled just me though. A thermostat is nice but even a timer of 15-30 mins on then off for that long and so on. I did get a nice thermostat off Amazon for about $30.[/quote]I have a oil filled heater that I been using for 10 years. You cant spill it because its locked inside. The elements heat the oil up and it stays warmer longer = lower power bill. Also it has a knock over kill switch on it for just incase. When I was shopping I didnt like other type. I like this type. This is the mac daddy heater 1384732551449.jpg I dont like these ones. See them red hot rods, easy fire starter right there. 1384732832003.jpg Stay cool

6. Nice, didn't know all that. :)

Totally agree about the 2nd heater also.

7. Thanx.  I hadn't thought about this kind, but I've seen them.  The one's I've seen are a bit big to put inside my 2x2' tent, but I'll keep my eyes open.  

8. I have a small thermostat controlled 750/1500 space heater in my basement grow room. My tent stays at 66* at night as it kicks on right when the light goes off and the thermostat allows it to come on/off as needed. It's probably no bigger than 12" tall, 8" wide and 6" thick. Works perfect on the lower 750w output (not how much it draws).

9. My tent is in my basement, vs your shed, and temps will be around 50f.  Where did you keep your heater?  Did your winter grow suffer much as compared to a late fall harvest?  

10. Thermostat is a must, I understand that ,and, I'm not concerned about the power it draws.  Athough the heater you are discribing is small enough, I won't keep it inside my 2x2 tent, but I would find a way to pipe the heat in somehow.  Is that what you did, or did you just heat the room that your tent is in? 

11. The room my tent is in is enclosed so it's just outside the tent and keeps the whole ambient room temp at around 66* during the night. I have an active intake and a passive intake ops on the tent all the time.

12. That's what I do. I keep the hole room that temp at nights.

Special KAY