Space Case

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Living Legend, Jul 18, 2014.

1. I've been using a 20 dollar grinder for some time now and I've had several similiar ones and they work.... okay. However, i have been looking into getting Space Case titanium grinder. my question is do the benefits outweigh the negatives, of course meaning the price? Also, what should be an appropriate size? I grind no more than a gram and a half at a time but i want some extra room to throw a penny in the bud chamber and get the most out of my kief. Many beginners don't realize the negatives of a cheap grinder; Resin build-up, tooth breaking (plastic grinders), metal flaking, and problems with the size or amount of holes. I want the Space Case but at the same time I wonder if there will be these problems with it as well. Is It easy to clean and remove residue? I plan on using it daily for as long as possible, is it durable? I`ve seen reviews but i want to know what it is like after a while of usage and if there are any significant problems, also if there is a better quality grinder. Thanks.

2. I've had a 4 piece Space Case since 2008. Bit scratched up on the outside, but it's still going strong on the inside. Teeth still grind bud great. Screen is still perfect.

The only problem if you can call it that is the knurled surface on the top has worn quite a bit, so the grip isn't as good as it was when I got it. But 6 years of almost every day use man! I'm not complaining.

3. Thanks, what size is it. And how fine does the bud get, i need it fine enough to roll joints and not have accidental carbs (holes in the paper) :smoke:  but also not too fine to where it will fall through some of my bigger pieces.

4. Its a great grinder but wont fill the void in your heart created by consumerism.

Ive got ten grinders and one is a 4 piece titanium space case. I use a screened bowl (mesh colander) i got for a buck used at the salvation army. Grinds bud better than all my other grinders.

5. salvation army, lol. How is it for Resin build up thats a main concern and how big would u say it is (estimated)?

6. Id say if youre after resin/kief, freeze your bud then grind it and even your cheapy grinder will collect a mountain if you have good stuff.

I dot use any of my expensive grinders anymore.

I just have a tray and a mesh bowl. For js or kief collectin i use an electric coffee grinder i got for 2-3 bucks. I use that for edibles.

Like i said, ive bought a lot of the new smoking items for nothing. They didnt make me happy and never get used anymore, but if you have nothin else to throw cash at, feel free

7. Thanks! But as far as resin i meant like the sticky-icky resin than corrodes the grinder and sticks to the inside of the threads that slows the grinding process

8. #8 Old School Smoker, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  9. They are not TI

Read the description again. It's a titanium anodized coating on the aluminum to help prevent chips and rusting.

Still a great grinder and I don't like silver color so I got the black one

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum