Space Case Grinder Titanium 4 Piece Large/Medium

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by ZDG1979, May 4, 2012.

1. Is there really a huge difference between the large and the medium. What r the pros and or cons? I am getting one for sure... how much volume can the large one hold over the medium things like this are what I really need info in. Thanks for your help community.

Happy Chiefing GrassCity!!!:D:D

2. The large is way to big for me! I really don't see a need for such a big grinder unless you are pouring through large amounts of herb. I've got a medium and it's plenty big enough for me anyway. The large is about a inch bigger in diameter than the medium. The large is never going into your pants pocket, that's for sure.

3. How does the medium and large fit your hand?

4. The medium fits, the large doesn't. The large is pretty fat. The medium is a little smaller (in diameter) than a soda can. The large is fat like a Progressive soup can. It's the difference between 2.5 and 3.5 inches in diameter. I find the large ones harder to turn because they are so big. Measure it out. Draw yourself a couple circles 2.5 and 3.5 in diameter. That 3.5 is a lot to wrap your hand around and like I said before, it's a lot of grinder unless you plan on tearing up a lot of herb at any one time. I look at a large as being overkill. I don't need a big bucket to carry a cup of water. Know what I mean? I vape and I'll load up my medium, grind, and what I get pretty much lasts all day. A large if loaded up would probably last close to a week. Maybe not a week, but you get the drift. Bottom line, the large is pretty large for a grinder.

5. How much grinded up bud does the large hold compared to the medium??
    Also what would make more kief Sour OG or Green Crack?

6. What are the pros and cons of the titanium magnetic compared to just the standard magnetic space case? I have decided on the medium sized space case.

7. The titanium is a lot harder than the aluminum. That's about it as far as advantages go. Personally, I like the color of the titaniums over the aluminum. Harder=more durable, stays sharper longer, blah, blah, blah. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the aluminum and any advantages the ti has were not problems with the originals to begin with. They simply took the best and made it a little bit better. I've had both and to tell you the truth, there isn't a hairs difference between them. I like my ti better because it's newer for one thing and as I said, I like the color. My old one had been around the block a time or two and it had a scratch or 2. Some outer cosmetic things like that, so the new ti looks pretty good to me. My niece has the old aluminum one and she loves it. Both still grind equally well.

8. I read somewhere that the large can hold up to a quarter ounce (yes, a fucking QO) haha it's retarded big. Only for people smoking multiple ounces a day:hello:

9. #9 Pngwyn, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    Multiple ounces? I think that might be over exaggerating. I actually own a medium space case and am considering picking up a large now.. didn't even know they existed.

I think a big advantage is the fact you can grind a lot more at once because of the size. I pretty much solely want it for that reason. A small peeve I have with the medium I find is that if bud ever gets into the center magnet part the lid doesn't close or grind properly. With a bigger grinder I'd be able to avoid it completely.

But you'll enjoy your purchase either way, it's definitely going to live a long and happy life.

10. SO I did end up ordering a Space Case Large, and now I'm gonna return it because I prefer the Medium...

I personally think their design for the Large is completely retarded now that I see it. It basically has the same amount of teeth and holes, except they are further apart, and the holes are bigger, meaning a less fine grind (which sucks compared to the Medium & small imo).

So yeah, don't buy the Large unless you care about size > functionality.

11. I own the large titanium space case, bought it like 2 months ago. I did notice immediately that the grind is much less fine, which I thought about when I saw how big the holes are in this thing. Overall, it does a good job of grinding the bud and holds more than you'll ever need. Instead of grinding up bud every day or so I can just stick 3 or so big nugs in the grinder and it'll last me days. Another plus is the huge kief catch. But if you gotta have that super fine/as fine as it gets ground up bud, go for the medium size.

12. i like large grinders, cosmics large one is nice

13. What if you turn it upside down and keep grinding?

14. This looks grinder looks dope http://www.cali-tree.com/pre-orders.html

It has a thing where you can pour ur bud

If u turn ur grinder upside down, it will grind ur herb not smaller pieces. That's what I do for vaporizers.

15. This is false. The titanium Space Case is NOT a lot harder than the aluminum. Why? Because the titanium Space Case is ALSO made out of aluminum. All the titanium nomenclature means is that it is anodized with a titanium coating. That doesn't make it harder. What it does do is to make the surface a bit slicker and in so doing, gets gummed up a bit less than the grinder that does not have this coating.

16. Yup. This is correct.

aluminum oxide is nearly as hard as diamonds.

17. Right now, IM as hard as a diamond