Space aliens are humans?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by slice reborn, Apr 15, 2013.

1. There's a theory I heard on the Joe Rogan podcast that the common pop-culture version of space aliens (green or gray men with big heads and small bodies), whether real or entirely imagined, are the next evolutionary stage of humans. When we evolved from apes, our bodies got smaller, and our heads grew bigger. As a society, we are now interracially mixed, and years from now our skin tones will form into one, grayish tone. We will no longer have use for genitals because, due to advances in technology, we will be able to make genetically perfect, disease free, test-tube babies. All making our future species something similar to sci-fi space aliens.

2. #2 Perpetual Burn, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    Nah... Transformers brah...

Our natural genetic evolution has just about come to an end. Your theory doesn't seem to calculate for the already existent technology known as brain-computer interface.

Basically we are already figuring out how to transfer our consciousness to computer based systems. Combine this with molecular and quantum engineering and we will basically become sentient robots that can literally engineer the Universe around us with what would appear to be telekinetic power.

This will eventually lead to us becoming sub-quantum pan-dimensional intergalactic Level III hyper-intelligent super Buddhas.

If anything physical ever tried to attack you at this level, you could transform into a black hole absorbing all their energy into your network.

It's my personal theory that many black holes in this Universe are in fact the singularities of such advanced beings.

---

Your post title made me think of the theory that we are already aliens... That aliens bred with our ancestors long ago creating the human race which is more beautiful and intelligent than other species.

Basically, if aliens showed up a quarter million years ago they would have thought our ancestors were ugly and dumb. So they bred with us or changed our DNA so when they come back they will have beautiful people to have sex with that they can also carry on a conversation with.

3. an existence that contains intelligent enough conscious beings who could possibly end up controlling every aspect of the universes conditions, if given enough time and positive effort. But, you first need to overcome hate and start by loving yourself, family, friends and local community. Anything is possible if existence is possible, it just takes dedicated work.

4. Seems legit.

5. if the panspermia theory is right then it's possible that we descended from aliens.

6. Firstly joe rogan is fucking awesome. Also I suppose this could be entirely possible with time but I don't see the earth being around for that long. If we ever develop the technology to travel light years and discover another inhabitable planet to survive. Maybe that's what the aliens are doing. But this is thousands of years away at best, but I guess technology builds on itself(can't think of what it's called) so unless their is a scientific breakthrough here pretty soon I see the planet as being doomed. There could be possibly be hundreds if not thousands of planets that are similarly evolved as us that die out constantly. There's probably a very small percentage that ever make it far enough to develop intergalactic travel or evolve far enough.
    I think the key to advancing in evolution is communication with other life forms, or perhaps breeding with them.

7. #7 Perpetual Burn, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
    ^Our technological capacity increases exponentially.

Consider computing capacity... Basically, the rate it takes to double our computing capacity is cut in half with every doubling of maximum capacity. So if it takes ten years to double our computing capacity this time, it will only take five years next time. Now we've got computers designing computers. It's estimated that within 20 years we will design a computer with more capacity than the human brain. When computers that our smarter than we are start designing computers smarter than them we will quickly reach the technological singularity in which there is no smaller building block to work with and computing capacity reaches infinite levels.

Quantum computing is already theoretically revealing this potential. Basically we can use single electrons as the 1's and 0's of our binary coding. Quantum computing allows for more than this... Each electron can be a 1, a 0, both, or anything in between. This is why we consider quantum computing to be infinite in potential.

It's estimated that we will reach the technological singularity within 50 years.

It's my personal theory that the first humans to reach 'immortality' have already been born. Google 'transhumanism.' :wave:

---

This thread has made me think of a great short story by the Ragged Trousered Philosopher called A Conversation With God. It's an atheist's imagination of what God is really like and how he would operate in and what he would expect from this Universe.

8. We won't have use for genitals? You realize people do have sex for pleasure, and not just to reproduce, right?

Even IF we all just stopped fucking, body parts tend to stick around, even if they're not in use. Like the appendix.