Space Adventure? (Would you go)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Dizzy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. I was just some what watching the film "The Martian"an it's seems pretty cool. So I just wanted to make this thread before I lay down. If you had the opportunity to go to Mars or even some other planet that's farther away, Would you want to do it or would you be to scared? As for for me I'm not sure how I would be. I think it would be totally amazing to set foot ona diff planet an the trip would be worth but I also would be nervous asl too because it's risky to the max ona space ship isn't it? Any who I just wanted to hear my GC fam opinion about this lbvs!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  2. I would go, but Im like I'd be a bit nervous about getting stuck out there or something happening. Always wanting to float my fatself around.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I mean I'd do it, given our technology was up to it...though realistically without a certain skillset, the idea of being invited to take part in such a venture is pretty unlikely. I mean I can garden with the best of them but there's horticulturalists that would make me look like a plant killer by comparison.
    I imagine by the time I'd ever get to go, things would be near completely safe.
    The exciting stuff? For people smarter and more skilled than I.
    Maybe I could stowaway and clean their toilets or something.

Short answer though?
    Yes, I'd love to.
    I'd be a bit anxious, not really scared...no point at that stage, you're pretty much on a one way trip, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. <-- was ready to go in 1960 :)
    Spam can with an oxy bottle is good enough. One way works too. Old now and I've had enough of this rock.

BNW

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. I'd for sure go on a day trip into space but I wouldn't want to be up there for longer than that. Being able to see our whole planet, experiencing zero gravity, the vastness of space and on top of that the whole experience of launching into space would be beyond worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I'd love to visit Neptune, but am resigned to never leaving our planet.
    Not built for space travel. I have a bad stomach.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Thanks for the replies everyone...I appreciate it. IK this just a hypothetical question too lol :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zero interest. Is that an unpopular opinion?

I’m far too fascinated by Planet Earth, and far from done exploring it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. I'd wanna go somewhere that's believed to be "Earth-like" - like Kepler 452-b. I'd wanna see what it's like, how similar is it really to our planet, and what (if anything) can survive there?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Id love to go to an alien planet but reckon my brain would implode before we even got out the atmosphere. Gotta knock myself out with drugs to cope with planes. Getting clostraphobic just typing this lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Interesting thread. Id definately go. Because the journey out of our own atmosphere into the dark expansion of space and seeing other planets is something ive always wanted to do.

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. Me too. I got a lot of Mother Earth yet to see. Plus, I'd be too scared. I barely wanna get on a plane.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Help me help me ...
    I am in my intergalactic transport machine and earth will not let me land ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  14. This is Major Tom to ground control...I'm stepping through the do-orrr...
    and I'm floaw-ting in the most peculiah wa-ayiiay

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Heck yes

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. This will actually happen before Ridley Scott tells us where xenomorphs really came from.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. I want to go to another planet with life on it and try their weed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

18. The Martian =The Martian (2015)
    i just re watched it myself and still don't get why the nasa guy
    didn't want to inform the rocket guys
    that he was still alive?

• Winner Winner x 1

19. Yep Same Here V but Then Again there Isa Alot About that Movie that ion Understand!

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1