Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Soy lecithin in canna oil question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SprSonicChronic, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Some of my friends heard that I learned how to make cannaoil and asked for me to make some for them and if I did it I'd get some free bud. :hello: I said sure but I want to be certain I don't mess anything up with their bud. I will be following badkitty's recipe down to the letter. But she did not mention how much lecithin I should put in? Id there an optimum cannabis to lecithin ratio? I should put in just enough to cover the bud with oil too, right? Or a little more? Is their a ratio for that as well? A lot of recipes have variations and I've use 2 already and 1 ended up wasting some stash.I want to make this super potent so I don't want to add too much/too little.

Also, if I use olive oil will it be as potent as say grapeseed oil or coconut oil? Are there any variations in potency in between the types of oil? I searched but not much came up. Anyone with any information about increasing potency or little tips and tricks with cooking the oil would be great :) I don't wanna dissapoint my friends with shitty canna oil! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. I need some help guys :/

3. #3 jkcole, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
    Coconut oil is the best imo for potency and desired effects

And i believe the lecithin ratio is something along the lines of 3/4 teaspoon lecithin for every tablespoon of oil you use. Ill double check the source and edit back

Edit: yea 3/4 TEAspoon lecithin to every TABLEspoon of oil

4. How much oil should I use for a quarter ounce?

5. I use 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup for a quad, just put enough oil to cover all of the bud. As for the lecithin I use an equal amount of it as there is bud. The potency of the oil really all depends on how much you put in each dose, and the individual's tolerance is the largest factor in how effective the edible will be. Coconut oil is more fatty than any other oil so if you have that use it.

What are you planning on making with the oil, brownies? Cookies? How many edibles will you make in one batch and how much bud are you using (I'm assuming you're using a quarter) this is important to predicting the strength of each dose.

I love edibles if they're made right. Good luck and I wish my friends would give me free weed for cooking for them :D

6. Swag dude thanks. Some great information haha. But we really haven't decided yet. I'm thinking cookies cause they're real easy to do but we'll see :p

7. No problem man, I make weed cookies all the time with BKS's cannaoil recipe