Sovereignty Glass Stemline Appraisal

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bighair313, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hey I'm trying to sell my recently purchased SG Stemline. The tube is in mint condition besides the bottom which was chipped and had to be re blown by a local blower. How much do you guys think it's worth now?

Attached Files:

2. The pic isn't very good so its hard to call. It looks a bit strange to be honest..particularly where the stem enters the tube..its rather far up the body. I dont know if this is an older design by SG or just something I haven't seen yet, but it looks a bit off. I don't want to insult or anything, but are you sure thats a real sovereignty stemline?

As for price, if its a good clean SG and the repair work was done really well then I would guess around $150-$200. Looks like they are going for around 300 new on ALT and used glass usually sells for quite a bit less than new.

3. Yeah it just looks like that because the bottom had to be made taller when it was re-blown or else it would of melted the downstem portion off. It's 100% real though. I purchased it 5 months ago from a very respectable glass shop in San Luis Obispo called Cloud 9.

Thanks for your advice too. Its now priced it at $200 on Craigslist. Hopefully I won't have to lower it anymore since the funds are going towards a new tube.

4. since you had to get a local blower to fix it, thats gonna bering the price down a nifty bit unfortunatly

5. I don't really know resale values much, but ive got a sg stemline and if i broke it and had it fixed like that, id be happy to walk away with 150.

my room mate broke my female joint on my original stemline, well i ghetto fixed it with a piece of broken downstem that fit in it, well it worked completly fine, still all GonG, and we sold it for $20 lol

6. The mouthpiece looks fucked upo too.

7. Wait a mother fucking second!

Cloud 9 in slo carries sg!?

8. Nah brah the mouthpiece is chilinnnn.

Yes they do periodically but when the shipments comes in they all sell out really fast.

9. just sell it as a collaboration piece :smoke: ;)

10. Give us a bigger picture, via photobucket or whatever you prefer, and I or We can give you a very accurate price, i cant make shit out in the picture...basically what we are looking for is functionality, since the piece is not worked that is what determines the price! Just because its SG doesnt mean shit it could have been ruined by the blower who fixed it so it could be worth zip

11. to be honest i wouldn't pay anymore than $75 for that tube. the artist is unknown to buyers and could have ruined the structural integrity of the piece. Sg is known for clean functional work. the fix already took away the clean part now all that is lest is its function....sorry bro it sucks that this happened to ur new sg.:( all i can say is chop it up as a loss or keep it for urself... either that or maybe u can find some newb sucker to pay $200 for it on craigslist.:confused:

12. dude its def worth more than $75, i see where you are coming from but most of it is still SG, and to someone looking for a nice deal on something they could otherwise not afford im sure he could make 150/200 off that easily.....i mean if i were one of his close friends id probly scoop it from him but i dont like not knowing where a bong has been and who has been using it, what one person considers knocking their bong over another person considers this as a structural testament to its strength

13. Lets not turn this into a discussion thread and counter-productive to the posters intent...it very well could be worth $75...hard to tell from the picture a connoisseur will probably even laugh...we need a bigger picture to proceed...but the piece looks ruined so much water has to be added to get the water up to the diffuser, and we dont know if the stemline faces up or down which could add tons of drag thus destroying the fact that it used to be sg...and the blower who fixed this is an amateur

14. Here's some more pictures. As you can see now it still functions the same since the original bottom is in place. So the actual hit is identical as before. It just doesn't look the same.. The work done was also very disappointing since i was expecting it to look at least some what similar to the original bottom.

Now i just want it gone so I can buy another brand new piece. Hope the pics give you guys a better idea on what it's actually worth.

Attached Files:

15. I'm sure you can get at least $150 for that tube.

16. Ill buy it for $100.
    PM me.

17. Thanks for the extra pics. That looks like pretty clean work, though it certainly takes away from the look of the tube. I guess the price on something like that will really depend on who you are trying to sell it to. If you are selling to someone who loves or collects glass then you would probably get less, but if you find someone who has just scraped up like..$200 and is looking for the "best bang for the buck" then you can swoop in with your slightly modified great tube that would cost a lot more new.

18. Yeah no problem and after hearing everything it sounds like 150 is a fair price. I'll be updating my ad on craigslist tonight.

Any suggestions on new glass?
    In addition to the SG I have a 12'' sheldon black straight shooter and I used to own a 14'' Lux Beaker bottom with a 5 arm perc.

19. What are you looking for in a tube?
    I guess a good place to start is why are you selling the SG? Something about it you don't like?
    If you are looking for a straight tube I love my MGW, and the SYNs are pretty similar, if you want some more diffusion than that then I would stick with the SGs, or start looking at custom blowers. There are a few on this forum and some people here could probably help you get in contact. A custom blower could get you exactly what you are looking for, usually at a great price.

Other than that..the usual...Toro is great, Luke Wilson, SB, 2010/2011bc...etc

20. I'm selling it because I'm a perfectionist and it's pretty depressing for me to look at. I love the SG overall for its ultra quick clear, easy set-up n' put-away, and it's hit size. However I didn't really like the airy-ness and the fact that you cant hit it without being straight up and down.

What do you guys think of the brand Mobius Glassworks?