Southpark is losing it's edge to me

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by aKidYouWanaKnow, May 8, 2011.

1. Eh, you can't expect every episode to be a home run. I thought HumancentIpad was funny at parts but really gross and most people probably didn't get it or realize what they were satirizing. Funny Bot was pretty dumb except for the running Tyler Perry joke, I thought that was freakin hilarious.

Can't really say its losing its edge after 2 episodes, both of which were pretty edgy in terms of material covered, just most parts weren't that funny lol.

Last season was freaking amazing in my opinion, almost every episode was hilarious.

2. People clearly don't know what a lot of the new, as well as old episodes are themed around. They've always done satire of society. I hope they keep doing it too, because its hilarious.

All the way back to season one... Some episodes just turn out better than others, but there has never been a south park that I didn't laugh at once or more.

Also, the episodes are always way funnier if you're aware of what they're satirizing.

3. "Now that's what i call a sticky situation"

- Eric Cartman

4. indeed. Allthough i feel american dad still has a few seasons left in it but the rest have definitely ran their course.

5. I do not understand how you could not like it..

6. I don't understand that guy two posts above me, how can you hate on South Park and Family Guy but then say American Dad is a good show? That show is terrible lol

7. #27 devilzlettuce, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    Theytookourjobs!!!

8. #28 devilzlettuce, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    He obviously smoked himself retarded

9. They're coming out with a human centipede 2!! 12 people all sewed asshole to mouth.. lol

The Humancentipad was pretty funny but funnybot was just retarded in my opinion. I dont like jimmy, the germans, or a stupid robot saying awkward.

10. [quote name='Psilocin420LSD']But what other stories are there? Trey and Matt are obviously not the kind of guys that wanna just redo shit they've already done (like The Simpsons does). QUOTE]

SIMPSONS DID IT! sorry had to haha

Ive seen every episode of SP at least twice its the best show on TV, but i have to agree that the last 2 episdodes really sucked. The tyler perry diss was pretty good, but they cant just rely on a single gag. i remember when a whole episode would be quotable.

I dont agree with the current events statement. Remember when butters was a pimp? That episode was hilarious and had nothing to do with current events.

For every couple stinkers, matt and trey will put out a gem. Keep the faith yo

11. i bet the next new south park will have something to do with osama bin ladin

12. #32 devilzlettuce, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Idk they already got him in last season but then again this is southpark

13. Dude American Dad is one of the best cartoons on tv right now watchu talkin bout Willis?

American Dad is just wayyyyy better written, it relies less on shock value which is literally 95% of South Parks material. Both are good shows but AD is one of the most consistent shows out there.

As for Family Guy...It has its moments, but lately its just been painfully unfunny.

14. The firs five seasons are where it's at. :cool:

15. not quite sure how you can put "American Dad" and "better written" in the same sentence. all american dad does is shock value so does south park but atleast they do it with taste (most of the time)

16. I never said i "hate" south park or family guy. I said they have both ran their course.

17. okay, i let the "smoked himself retarded" thing pass but now i have to say you clearly don't have a clue about american dad if you think it uses 'shock value', because it just ... doesn't. The first season kinda sucked but sicne then it's gone from strength to strength.

18. It never had an edge for me.

19. American dad is awesome. It's just different; just like fg is different than sp. You just need to watch multiple episodes.

20. Family Guy > SP