Southern California

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by magestik63, Feb 9, 2011.

1. I plan on having a outdoor grow during the summer. I live in SO Cal and i wanted to know when is the earliest i could start the seedlings?
    its around 40-50 at night right now.

2. bump....
    i wanna know the same thing
    wanna go in together haha

3. You can start them now. 40's are fine for Mj however, I would start them indoors before putting them outside.

4. The sun is only out from like 6 to 6 is that long enough?

5. i have the same question, i actually planted my germinated seeds over a week ago possibly two. there has been some improvement as to size but overall not much action. i have read other posts sayin i screwed up my batch, they were gonna bud early, they were gonna be hermi's among others.... is there any truth? this is my first grow and i thought i could get a head start by planting them early

i would be happy to post pictures if requested

6. pics plz

7. Now before i get any comments, the runt of the two was grossly over watered.... since my realization (transplanting into 5 gal buckets) it has rebounded emensly and i am confident it will make a full recovery, but as requested here you go greenwatcher

both pics were taken at 7 am (my time) today the 10th

Attached Files:

8. I would think its too cold for them now

9. negative majestic. they have been outside all day and night for the past week or so, a few days after they poked through the soil i kept em out side permanantly, they havent been thriving granted, but i thought that could have been due to the fact i basically started off-season, so basically they were growin but werent gonna start really kickin @$$ till mid march early april...

10. I think the cold will stunt them, so when there young they are fragile.
    I am just being cautious, I will grow from seeds I bought over seas. I don't want to waste expensive seeds

11. oh yes then definately you should wait, those are bag seeds from a zone i bought from the med shop, i started mine early to try and prove a theory i had, from what ive been hearing around is it wont effect the growth as much as the light schedual will because as you may know tempuratures here have become quite temperate in previous weeks. but my rule of thumb past to me for so cal is germinate on easter (april 24), plant on mothers day (may 9), harvest on halloween (oct. 31) but my original question still stands cause im impatient and i wanna know what im store for lol

12. oh yeah and our first 12 hour day is March 20, if you would like i will post the link to the daylight calender i referenced

13. awesome thanks

14. so i have a indoor garden, its currently in week 2 of flower. so 12/12 light schedule, could i start my seeds under my 400w hps light then after a week or 2 transplant outside?

15. 2 weeks IN flower already man idk bout that once the spring starts the time will increase from 12/12 upwards man unless u got the plant in a 5gal bucket you can proly do this.everyday cover the plant at a specific time to make sure it only gets 12/12.but u must make sure it is LIGHT TIGHT.and HAS TO BE AT THE RIGHT TIME. if you decide to do this since you started this really early u can proly get 2 harvest this year.

16. well im not really concerned with the number of harvests i can get. so if it got 12+ hours of light it will mess it up? if i planted them outside today they would only get like 10.5 hours of sun, what would the diff be?

17. yea 10.5 of daylight RIGHT NOW.but it will gradually raise cuz it almost close to spring time.
    what strain r you growing then.cuz they you can see how long that plant takes to flower.8 weeks?9?
    and use one of those daylight charts to compare.honestly i think those charts are just for a rough estimate.but yea if you started from seed now i *think* you would be good cuz it takes at least 5-6 weeks for a seedling to mature. by then it will be spring time or close.

18. well i have my options of:
    fem jack herer
    fem white widow
    fem maui woui
    fem ak 47
    and then a few UFO seeds from attitude