South Park

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Mogwai, Mar 10, 2012.

1. It was designed to be a parody of The Shining.

2. i dont see it.

they were extremely vague about it if so.

i mean EXTREMELY vague. if i could think of a word more powerful than "extreme" in this situation, i would use it.

one or two references definitely doesnt make it a parody.

3. #143 Nash92, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
    [quote name='"Broses"']

i dont see it.

they were extremely vague about it if so.

i mean EXTREMELY vague. if i could think of a word more powerful than "extreme" in this situation, i would use it.

one or two references definitely doesnt make it a parody.[/quote]

The scenes in Blockbuster are all based on The Shining. The isolation, protectiveness, ghosts/bar scene, Randy losing it, etc. Watch em back to back. ;)

4. i feel like most of that besides the bar scene i could relate to many movies lol.

a good example of an actual parody would be The Simpsons treehouse of horror episode that they go to Mr Burns mountain mansion and the events of The Shining happen.

this had a couple vague references.

5. South Park rules, I haven't seen all of the last couple seasons but it's definitely one of the best tv comedies of the last 20 years.

Favorite episodes are: Towelie, the Gen. Cartman Lee one, and the one when Kenny's family decides to have another baby and they go on the John Denver Experience :laughing:

6. I thought of the shinning right when they were in the car driving up. It was pretty obvious. It was a really funny episode. This season has been great so far.

7. I got the shining reffernce right away

I just watched it last night and I gotta admit it wasn't half bad.

I like the gangnam style joke. Like everyone was what the most popular thing on the internet was at the time, furthering the whole movie stores are obsolete idea.

When randy's going around like, stab stany boy, I lost it haha. And when those robbers were like, we captured one of them. I knew it was stab but it was still pretty funny

8. Have you even seen the shining? Im completely baffled as to how you cant see the connection.

9. #149 ExCriminaL18, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
    Did anybody watch the newest one the halloween one omg funniest shit ever they have stan trick or treating on the ipad cause randy wont let him leave best buy cause he thinks everybody is going to rent spooky movies and goes all nuts and sees and talks to ghost and shit oh my god that shit had me rolling hard lol and all those robbers broke into that place and shot the guy in the head LOLOL over a redbox cause they also thought people would rent spooky movies.

damn good shit. i didn't even hear a gun shot lol. OMG just remembered the best part wow i was stoned, best part is were randy takes stans IPAD and the cops are in the gangnam style undercover outfit and even tho its not randy controlling them he starts breaking threw peoples windows and screaming at them for using ipads and streaming netflix and shit lmfao

and then the cops shoot the gangnam style frankenstein thing they thought it was like 50 times with randys face still attached on the top streaming from stans IPAD LOLOLOL.

10. yeah i feel like a jackass now.

i need to stop trying to use my brain after ive had a few beers, because that always ends up happening.

i see a lot more now, i dont see it as a parody though. just a significant amount of references. i really dont get how i didnt see the Randy going crazy part, the drive up there, the ghosts, and shit.

11. That dr suesss shit was so funny last night

12. ^ watching that episode now and im not laughing :(

13. it was only that one part. the rest of the episode sucked.

14. Lmao that Obama episode was hilarious.

"I assure you all I am heading back to the White House more motivated, more titillated than ever!"

15. It would have been funnier if cartman stole all the ballots for the dealers

16. I think im just gonna stop watching the new episodes. Ive hated everyone so far this season.

17. They're not very good this season I chuckle here and there but it's not that funny idk but next episode better be funnier

18. The first few were funny. The rest were meh at best.

And you know last weeks was the last new episode right?

19. i loved the TSA episode, but i thought from this half of the season there were a few good ones. The halloween one, the insecurity one and even the honey boo boo one was ok. The obama episode was pretty good too. but yea past few seasons haven't been as good, but they''re at what season 15 or something? crazy it's been on so long.

20. The episode with all the conspiracy theories was a fucking riot :laughing: Perfectly described everything on the internet about the election.. Really shows you who their target audience is.