South Park.. wtf?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by fuckthecops, Mar 20, 2012.

1. lol i guess we can agree to disagree

2. The last episode of South Park was hillarious, haven't watched in a while but it had me laughing so hard. They way they approached it was great.

3. Shame on you.

4. Well gotta remember Trey and Matt are WAY older than they were during the best south park years, so now their comedy reflects their maturity and progress i guess.

It's really kind of grown with me, i like the stuff they do now, since i'm older, but i still love Towlie and the Cartoon wars episode :devious:.

5. Who ever was saying that south park lost its crude humor, I don't know what you call a joke about calling in to a home-shopping network and telling the host to kill Himself "Yes, I'm calling about the peridot earings? They'd look good on your dead body, why don't you kill yourself." :laughing:Crude, and it had me rolling. That humor is still there, its balanced with satire and other stuff. Makes for a more balanced show, fart jokes for 30 mins lasted about 6 seasons. Funny shit, but the balance is nice.

6. I'm sure there were people back in Season 4 that said "South Park just isn't the same anymore!" and season 5, 6, 7, 8...

Any show that runs more than a couple seasons is going to have people who decide it just isn't the same anymore.
    But of course it's not. You can't expect a show to run for 15 years and still stay the same. It's going to progress, it's going to change, and some people aren't going to like the changes.

I don't think new South Park is the same as the old South Park, but I still like the show.
    If this new season were the very first season of South Park and we had never heard of the show before seeing these last few episodes, I would keep watching. :confused_2:

7. Damn I quit watching south park for like years, and a couple weeks ago started watching the seasons on Netflix.

I like pretty much all the episodes but season 12 and 13 a lot because the graphics are better and I enjoy the new age comedy.
    I watched the very first episode when cartman gets abducted and shit, I remember watching that when I was like 7 hehe. Then watching the more recent seasons and love how they improved the look of the show it looks like 3D-ish pretty tight to watch when baked

8. #48 RVD420RVD, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    Agreed fully OP

9. whoa no need for name calling bro. I like to keep my threads conflict free

I find that the "crude humor" in the new episodes is purely for shock value, and there isn't anything funny about it. Like I was watching the Indiana Jones episode and, wtf? I mean, I'm no prude but after a while it just got gross and it wasn't funny. The old SP did it differently, though I don't know how to describe it...
    [​IMG]

10. The new episodes suck for the most part. Like the episode when they were protesting outside of red robin was fucking gay and so was humancentipad

11. If you don't like it, then stop watching it. :p

I still like it. Sure it's not the same as it once was, but when it gets to the point where I don't like it anymore, you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna stop watching it. :poke:

So far all these posts seem to be from people who "hate" the show but still tune in every week. ;)

12. [​IMG]

Trying to play Stairway to Heaven. lol

13. I think whether you like the show or not depends on your age. I kind of "grew up" with South Park. When they were doing the juvenile fart jokes, I loved juvenile fart jokes. When they started flirting with girls and fighting with 5th graders, I was doing the same. When they moved up to World of Warcraft and whatnot, I was deep into video games. When they moved up to openly talking about weed, I was openly smoking weed. The 08 election was the first election I was old enough to vote in. And came the Obama episode. When they talked about shitty music becoming more popular than good music, I shared the same sentiment. When they started getting into more political charged corruption such as the TSA, as was I.

14. South Park way to corny now a days. Show use to have way better dialogue and create jokes & memes that were funny ten years after seeing them. It just seems to get more generic and mehhh every episode

15. its not cynicism or nostalgia, its disappointment.

16. Sucks that your disappointed

Im glad im not in that minority.