South Carolina

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by mtb3721, Jan 31, 2012.

1. A friend and I are trying to decide where we want to move and we are heavily considering South Carolina so I was curious what the marijuana laws and punishments are around there. If you get caught with under an ounce or a few plants what do the charges end up being? Any jail time? Thanks

2. hey dude, just found this.

but the laws are kinda strict. 5 plants or less is a felony, 5 years in jail, and a $5,000 fine.

1 ounce or less, first offense is a misdemeanor, 30 days in jail and $100-$200 fine. second offense of 1 ounce or less is a misdemeanor, 1 year in jail, and a $200-$1,000 fine.

be careful to stay away from schools, and public parks, if you're within a half mile of one, the fine can be up to $10,000 and 10 years in jail.

3. Hey! I'm in IoP right next to Mount P next to Charleston. Weed flows like water through here man :)

4. Man I’m a black man in a rural community. 12 (police) really don’t make a huge fuss abt weed. I’ve been busted dead to rights with 2 ounces and the cop poured my pack on the curb stomped it, spit on it then rocked a piss on it. They let you off most of the time as long as you don’t sell. Easiest way out of getting caught selling is spend 10-15 dollars on wraps and papers and keep them under your seat. First question they ask is are you dealing “no sir, I just smoke for fun” show them the papers and it’s no jail after that. Don’t be a dick. Be respectful and you’re good. The chief of police once told me “if you buy it, get it home. It takes an act of Congress to arrest you for smoking weed on your porch or in your yard.” DO NOT SMOKE IN YOUR CAR!!!! Probable cause all day. Good luck. And welcome to the Palmetto state; where I-26 and I-85 connect thus creating a melting pot of various strains. And find a honorable black dealer. They love white clientele.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Interesting too