South Carolina

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by abuscrapa, Feb 25, 2010.

1. in South Carolina and i'm planning to plant about 25 plants sometime this spring. I have a couple of questions i hope ya'll can help me out with. First off the soil isn't very good so i'm going to make a planters box and I'm wondering what kind soil i should fill it with. been looking at a couple of guides not sure if one is better for the humidity we get down here. Next question is any recommendation for strains? I know sativa sativa sativa but any in particular? I own the property and no one will ever see the plants but me guarantee so the sizes of the plants don't matter. Finally about how often should I water them, and how long would it take until harvest if i plant late march. I really appreciate and feedback thank you!

2. #2 custom280Z, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    well first off soil....fox farm has some of the best though i do recomend cutting it with regular cheap, non fert potting soil..about 25% outdoor's... get plenty of perlite and vermaculite in there as well...

if i was growing outdoor's , on my own land, i would just build me a nice greenhouse, chopper's can't even see what your growing and you can control the photoperiod and temp's this way ....
    that's really the ideal outdoor setup, get multiple crop's in one year outdoor's ya know...
    2-3 rather than just 1 harvest...

why sativa?
    IMO indica's are better grown outdoor's, thicker, dense bud's that get BIG...they are also bushier, shorter to the ground, and blend in very well in landscaping or wilderness setting's outdoor's...

but sativa's get huge! 15 feet or more sometime's , i've had a few tree's in my day...but the bud's are alway's thinner, less dense with the more sativa that's in there...
    it really depend's on what YOU the grower like's the best...sativa's usually have a energetic , uplifting buzz, and indica's make you about retarded, possible drooling...lol
    i like that retarded effect mixed with some uplifting, as most grower's and smoker's do...in that case you want a cross or hybrid of the two...

if your just hell bent on sativa's, then i would recomend a nice super silver haze or haze variety...mr. nice seed's or mandala seeds has a beautifull selection of sativa based strain's...

indica's.. i'd go kush and/or afghan...

go to a seed bank website and find what you like the most, just look for the qualities you want, ask your self,

taste?
    what kind of buzz?
    yield?
    do well outdoor's?

cheer's

3. Durban Poison is a very hearty sativa strain and super trippy too! It can handle poor soil conditions but the strans from mandala seeds are great in hot hot hot weather and can provide well for pain as well as all day smoke. They are very mold and pest resistant also.... check out this catalog:
    Catalogue
    I hope this helps.....Peace:smoke: