South Carolina

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by lan_lo, Apr 8, 2017.

1. When do you guys think it will be legal here???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 squidrick420, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    SC will be one of the last states to go for it. I live in NC but I go down to SC quite a bit and I have smoked with plenty of people down there and it seems a lot more sketchy than here. SC is weird because they are super unregulated about some things like fireworks but they can't even decriminalize weed like it is here. On the flip side we can't buy fireworks but possession charges are a slap on the wrist.

3. lol you're so right. The south is so backwards on some stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. When you yourself start working for it. Contact your local politicians in person and by letter. Tell conservatives that prohibition is big government. Join or start a local norml chapter

5. #6 Praetorian, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    The best way for the Carolinas to get legal herb is to play the libertarian and tourism lines.

The South may be conservative, but it is also all about some self reliance and small government.
    I'd say if someone pushed legalized Marijuana as a libertarian point, arguing for freedom, rather than liberalism, they could actually get it passed in the near future.

Considering the natural beauty of both of the Carolinas, I'd also make a strong point that legalization would present an instant and real incentive to tourism and thus more $$ for the state.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don't let our southern drawl fool you. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. re: fireworks From what I've heard even the old cherrybombs and tnt bombs are illegal now. They were so much fun...you could blow a finger off with one those suckers.
    Has SC made motorcycle helmets mandatory?

8. Yeah most states are making the really good stuff illegal but there are still good fireworks in SC that you can't get here like bottle rockets or literally anything that explodes in any way, shape, or form. All we can get in NC is sparklers, fountains, and crap that nobody wants. Luckily I live 20 minutes from Tennessee where you can buy the shit that they use in professional firework shows. Every holiday the valley I live in lights up with fireworks for at least 3 days straight since everybody goes to TN to stockpile their stuff haha.

As for the motorcycle thing I'm not sure since I don't have a bike... yet. I will in the future though. You would have to google it.

9. I feel ya there. I feel it so hard. I was originally from WA state. Born and raised. Only 3 years ago I moved... the the midwest.. where they are also super conservative and cannabis is not even MEDICAL. It's so backwards. :sad:
    I was completely spoiled being able to get weed easily and to even go into stores and buying it like it was just getting groceries or something. Then I come here and I feel like I can't even talk about it.

10. I just moved here from New Mexico, where does “Everyone” hang out at? I’ve literally been trying to talk to random strangers, and keep getting “nopes”

11. I wish they would hurry up . A buddy of mine did tell me that 3 farmers here in Sumter were going to be allowed to grow for hemp this year but i don’t know how much truth there is to that.

12. That’s awesome, I keep hearing, good luck man, you’re in the Bible Belt lol. It is a completely different culture from what I’m used to for sure.

13. Depends on if you are talking about NC or SC. I couldn't say much about SC since I pretty much only go there to play shows with my band or just passing through. In NC it depends where you are at. I'm sorta in a hippie city in the mountains with like no ties to the rest of the south as far as culture goes and has more in common with the pacific NW than anywhere else haha. Up here there are stoners everywhere and it is hard not to find them. Everywhere else in the state is more or less like the rest of the southeast and kinda quiet about weed and people are typically rather suspicious of anybody who asks about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. SC, thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. We will legalize it the second North Carolina does. The atmosphere is rapidly changing. Nearly all young people smoke weed. It’s a rite of passage. Once the new generation starts to give a damn about voting and elect officials who understand there are far greater concerns in regards to the state than weed it’ll happen. And I’m a newly registered voter.

16. I used to live in Charleston for about 6 years. If anything, the movement for SC will start in Charleston. Tourism always coming in, CofC is a largely liberal school, Art Institute, and a ton of jobs in service. I can tell you for sure that people in that area love their weed.

On the plus side, GA is trying to pass legal rec weed this November.

• Like Like x 1
  17. helmets are optional in sc if you're under 21. weed is decriminialized under one zip is a misdemeanor and growing 99 plants is a felony you can use pti to expunge....sc had had medical on the books since 1980, read about it here: South Carolina the first Medical Marijuana state?

18. helmets are optional in sc if you're under 21. weed is decriminialized under one zip is a misdemeanor and growing 99 plants is a felony you can use pti to expunge....sc had had medical on the books since 1980, read about it here: South Carolina the first Medical Marijuana state?

19. ".....helmets are optional in sc if you're under 21." Should that be optional if you're OVER 21?

• Agree Agree x 1