South Carolina laws

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by brianaclark, Mar 17, 2018.

1. I got a ticket for simple possession in South Carolina. They want $617 or I spend 30 days in jail. As a single father, this system is completely broken and will shatter everything I worked to build... I simply don't have that kind of money to throw all at one time and they refused to allow me to do a payment plan.

Thanks South Carolina for helping strip my son from me over less than half a gram of marijuana.

2. This is just sad.
    The judge that sentenced you needs his balls removed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SC is definitely jacked! Especially in Lexington and Richland counties.

4. That's crazy. Sorry to hear that OP. Did you retain a lawyer? SC max fine for a first offense for possession under 1oz is $200 based on their laws on their website. If this was your first offense a lawyer should have been able to help you to lower that fine or get into a program. I'm assuming you got caught more than once or you and the officers had some "issues"?

5. In South Carolina there is a lawyer that specializes in MJ cases if you google the upstate 420 attorney his name is rob something he can help you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

6. Wow i see u have crazy weed hungry busting po po there. Thats ridiculous. Best of luck

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

7. They are looking for precedents, it does not matter how much and in what condition, just a wretched system.