South African legalization grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cannabis_and_Kilos, Nov 24, 2018.

1. So recently SA legalized growing weed for private use. No specific limit has been given but what my lawyer told me is 30 plants, with a max of 3kg of bud, so needless to say I decided to grow one helluva stash for myself this year. Not my first time growing, I once got arrested for 47 6fters, but now things are different and I don't have to stress about prison or having my babies taken from me so Ima go ahead and start a grow log. For this season I have: A White Lightning x Strawberry cough first generation, in a 600litre container. A bunch of strawberry cough, still in small pots and much younger, going into 60litre containers, two Mango Skunk that are in medium containers, also going into 60 litres, then also have some indigenous stuff we found in the mountains. Soil medium is a mix of coir, myco compost, perlite, bonemeal, 3:1:6 organic, coffee grounds, etc. Feeding is whatever organic stuff I can get my hands on, been using various liquid feeds including kelp based, bloodmeal based, and guano based feeds. Secret weapon though is literally my own pee haha. Anyway here's some pics.
    White Lightling x Strawberry Cough (and various seedlings
    IMG-20181118-WA0017.jpeg
    Strawberry Cough IMG-20181118-WA0007.jpeg
    Mango Skunk:
    15430764579203382314758311173403.jpg
    Mostly Strawberry 15430765813947563199848927246048.jpg 1543076616975468599580364583099.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. A little update IMG_20181125_120000.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Some updates, put a cage around her and a fence to keep the dogs out. When they see a plant within reach they chow it, fucjers love to get high haha, first day of summer in 2 days now, should grow out nicely:
    IMG_20181127_123119.jpg IMG_20181127_123107.jpg

4. Looking fantastic bro. Might copy with the steel around it. Be wasy to tie with shot man :weed-4:

5. Do you have access to any local indigenous South African strains? Swaziland, Durban? Is it possible to obtain seed from uncultivated THC-rich land races where you live?

6. I have Congo landrace strains

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

7. Hows the garden Bro?:weed:

8. Haha I'm in the exact same position as you. Since legalisation I've planted 20 something plants, but I only know the genetics of six of them, so I'm only focussing on those.
    Keep up the good work bro

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Deleted member 1038212, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2018

Which photos show the indigenous strain? I'd be interested in seeing their growth pattern when compared to the commercial hybrids.
    Is the larger plant the indigenous one? It resembles a Durban based hybrid plant that I grow outdoors.

10. I have some Swazi growing, as well as some potent shit we found growing wild in the mountains in the southern Eden district, but my main goal is to bring in genetics from abroad. Btw heres some updates guys. The main Strawberry Cough has turned monster. IMG-20181217-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20181215-WA0006.jpg

Theres some awesomeness happening with the strawberry and white lightning crosses once they got into 60l pots.
    IMG_20181216_132004.jpg

And the one garden in general most of the real work is done, all but a handful are in their final containers. IMG_20181216_134528.jpg
    With tjis image we have a strawberry cough in the middle, on the right we have mostly strawberry cough crossed with white lightning but also a smaller bagseed, a strawberry cough, and an a wild mountain strain. On the right there is two strawberry cough plants, two bagseed (one turned out male and will be replaced with a strawberry cough) and a white lightning crossed woth strawberry. Also guys any ideas for a name for white lightning crossed with strawberry cough? I was thinking strawberry thunder.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  11. As for the other garden, heres a garden tour.
    Mango skunk and unkown bagseed, both confirmed females. 15451397483953341215960961316771.jpg

Strawberry cough in 5l bags and strawberry thunder in 60l bags. 15451401436121082776620981750963.jpg

Strawberry Thunder on the right and left, strawberry cough in the middle, 'lemon haze skunk' bagseed seedlings. 15451404480185214640826966679748.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Man everything looks tiptop

13. Thanks man. Question for anyone who knows, how the fuck do I get ants out of my soil organically?. Neem ain't working.

14. Is the unknown bag seed the bigger one out of the two bro? How old is she Just as a comparison
    I had a shit load of ants in our herb garden and after a while they just moved on. I put it down to them feeding on dead aphids. But yeah , wasnt harming much else..

15. Nah the unkown one is the smaller one, and turns out is just a strawberry cough I lost track of. I could telo when I topped it and it bled red. Have only seen that on strains with a pink genetic and it's age correlates to when I planted the newest batch of strawberry cough. Here's some detail as to the planting order. In the winter my girlfriend planted 6 strawberry cough seeds we got from a friend who got it from an online seed bank and grew it out indoor. He was smart and kept one male for breeding purposes, thinking of taking it outdoor the coming season.This male also pollinated his white lightning. He gave us some white lightning and strawberry cough to smoke and I saved the seeds and gave it to my girlfriend. She planted the strawberry cough in winter back when everything was still illegal. I couldn't grow because I got bust 2 years in a row which was just a horrible experience. When it got legalised in September she gave me back the strawberry cough crossed with white lightning, but by this time the markings on the baggies rubbed off and this caused some major confusion. Recently we found a grow log she wrote up which cleared things up. So the first generation of seeds I planted where strawberry cough crossed with white lightning, which I'm dubbing strawberry thunder. It has very indica dominant genetics and phenotypes, and is probably going to pack a punch and a half. I also planted a few mango skunk seeds of which one remains which is the biggest plant I have aside from the strawberry cough monster. Beginning November I planted a lot of strawberry cough seeds, some have been transplanted into 60l bags others went to 5l bags for the time being till I can get more soil and more bags. Most recently I planted lemon haze skunk from bagseed, one of which gave the most interesting mutation. IMG-20181221-WA0000.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wieked man haha buzzy how you found it by topping a
    Thats bad luck about the bust saga least ur having a laugh now. goodshit man:weed:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yea man all the lost harvests are coming back now. :love-mj2:

18. That's great, you have a "Tri-Node" plant there, each set of Axil Branche's will grow 3x3. But i understand that this will grow out of the 3x3 and eventually start to grow to 2x2 & then as they streach they will stagger as normal. Nice mutant... images.jpeg

The seedling would have looked like this..

19. Yea seedling looked similar. I have another thet looked just like the seedling, but this one each node is equal size and I'm curious how far uo it will keep giving 3 at a time. Would be cool if it could give triple branches at the bottom.

20. From my understanding of this particular mutation, as it age's it will grow out of that particular trait 3x3 and start growing as normal.
    But keep me posted on this, as im interested in how it grow's out mate...