Sourtwigs first closet grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sourtwigs, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Hey blades this is my first grow and I haven't been to active on the forum but I've been sucking in as much information as I can. I've been vegging two plants that I believe are indica dominant strains from bag seed.
    But before all fun I'm on the east coast and as much as I love it here it doesn't love my hobbies. This grow is just for me and more or less just something else to do after work. So without further ado here we go......[​IMG]
    These are my girls please be nice to them this pic is at 2 months veg. I'm growing in a mix of mg bloom, seedling potting mix, and perlite. I understand that I went wrong with soil and have been battling issues ever since but I'm gonna ride it out till the end then we're going with Fox farms!! The pictures below show my final transplant for the girls in some 15gal tubs. [​IMG]

It's time to sex you guys they got the 12/12 last Friday and they should be getting horny soon here's some pics of the tops tell me what y'all I think I believe the picture below is a male and the one below that I'm still unsure. Please give some opinions [​IMG][​IMG]
    And for giggles you guys here's my light system give me some critiques you savages

Sent from my SM-S820L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. [​IMG]

3. Looks like you are on the right track. Still unable to tell the sex between them with the pictures provided. May I suggest keeping MG Seed Starter to start them off and transplant into FFOF or FFHF afterwards. I tried FFLW and honestly MG Seed Starter is cheaper and works just as good. Also, if you can find a way around transplanting you can reduce stress on the plants. My first grow was transplanted from a 1 gal to a 5 gal and it took a while to rebound. Last grow was different because instead of transplanting I used a 5 gal pot with my FFOF soil mixture and cut a hole in a 1 gal pot and sat it atop the pot put the MG SeedStarter soil mix in and bam no transplanting!

4. I like the way you think man I appreciate it and actually I got home today and checked and sure enough one was a male and the other a female. The dude got snatched out but not upset about having to care for one lol

5. #5 sp33dy36, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
    Yeah. Having one to care for is much easier especially during flowering. Watch the plant close to ensure if it is in fact a Indica. If left in flowering too long depending on genetics it could bring out the hermie gene. If you believe it is an Indica keep it flowering for 8 weeks and each week after that should be closely watched.

6. Alright you guys its a week into flower and after a haircut last week she's looking beautiful and I got white hairs exploding outta every nook and cranny. here's a pic of before haircut and after and a lil shot of my boi whiskey. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]