Sourcing Organic Soil Mix Components

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Lol always keepin me on my toes, sunny. That's why I love ya. :D

my first grow

Nawwwwwwwwwwww, weed what's that??  :eek:   Please explain (& do you consider yourself to be PRIME???LOL)

~Sun~  :bongin:

3. #103 MrTea, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014

I pay $70/year to feel good about myself.  It just so happens that the side bonus is good shipping deals.  

4. #104 marvajuana, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    I don't live close but if I did I would take a look at this place. They have self serve compost for $2 for 5 gallons.
    http://www.bearpathfarm.com/index.html

Twas Ever Thus!
    edit. its in mass.

5. Video service is prettty damn good too. Watchin the shield right now! Badass Show! 

6. That is a good one Kshow. Ya oughta check out Southland if you haven't already...

J

7. #107 MotaMike, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    Neemresource.com charges $14 shipping for a 5 lb bag of neem cake?
    That is ridiculous. :eek: Peaceful Valley ships 40 lb bags of amendments for that price.

8. #108 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Feb 19, 2014
    Ahhh.. A cop show fan!  Southland, up there with the best for sure! The shield, southland.. But none of those touch the wire! That shit blew my mind. The intricacy is astonishing. If you havent had the pleasure, I highly recommend! I got netflix and Prime video. Stoner paradise!!  :smoking:

I believe the thing is. And Jerry can correct me if I'm wrong. They have a higher quality? I've yet to buy from em yet. But like they say, get what ya pay for. I would buy from them when I have the cash to do so. Especially since it is so vital to a healthy plant. Keeps all the bad at bay..  I'm havin trouble with worm castings in that area. I'd love to know whats being feed to make the castings. One day!  I bought from KIS. Actually got my rock dust off them too. Nothin but things to say about them.
     http://www.kisorganics.com/products/shop/neem-cake

9. #109 MotaMike, Feb 19, 2014
    I know they are great quality but exuberant shipping costs have nothing to do with the quality. USPS Priority Mail wouldn't be that much and they will ship it anywhere in the U.S. for the same rate.
    The problem is that many places charge, "shipping and handling" which is a rip off in my opinion. I have sold a lot of things on eBay over the years and even though I am just one guy who has to make a special trip to the post office I never charged anything but actual shipping costs. This is just another way companies make more profit. Sorry for the rant. :)

10. #110 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Feb 19, 2014
    O I totally agree. I was jus lookin through the site you posted. Worm castings. Cubic ft. 19.99.   Shipping. At least 50 bucks!!!???  I definitely know what my first self sustainability thing is going to go towards. Worm bin! Maybe once it gets a lil warmer I can hit the local circuit.. Still searchin' 
    Best deal I could find on castings. An this is with prime. Ya'll can always get free trial membership.. :)   30 lbs, which is about 2 five gallon buckets. 15lbs didn't even fill up a full five gallon for me. So 2 - five gallon buckets, maybe. for 40 bucks. Best deal I can find. I want 50 pounds!!   Lol http://www.amazon.com/Unco-Industries-Wiggle-Organic-Fertilizer/dp/B0001YEYP2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1392773087&sr=8-5&keywords=worm+castings

11. Mike, try Build a Soil and KIS organics for Ahimsa (neemresource) neem cake too...

Also, Neem tree Farms, another Organic neem supplier in Florida had free shipping last I heard - but the Ahimsa is the best IMO.

GL

J

12. #112 MotaMike, Feb 19, 2014
    Thank You Jerry. Looked into both of those and they are no better of a deal. I guess you pay for the good stuff

13. #113 Pink, Feb 19, 2014

Isn't neemresource located in India? I thought it was for some reason :confused:  Would explain the shipping.

Can vote for neemtreefarms! I, believe it or not, actually bought a couple of neem tree seedlings from them a couple of years ago and they vere mighty healthy :)

I am the "no handling charge" seller too Mike, don't feel bad, I actually refund shipping if it gets over 2 bucks of difference. Every time I click that "refund" button I think I am super crazy lol. Good to know I'm not the only one :p

14. #114 MotaMike, Feb 19, 2014
    Thanks Pinkie. I just ordered two of the 2-1/2 lb bags of Neem from Buildasoil.com for $26 and free shipping.
    They also take BillMeLater which I prefer. :smoke:

15. That build a soil looks promising on the Worm castings front. Lil bit more expensive for lil less. But If it's the quality it says. Food fed and all.. That'd be pretty cool! Anyone Buy castings from buildasoil.com? 

16. I have bought two of the big $45 boxes. I would buy it again. Definitely high quality and fresh. A few days after I mixed up some soil with it it was covered in mycelia. Great stuff. Pricey, but worth it IMO. You get almost a full 5 gallon bucket worth for $45...

my first grow

17. overwhelming bought ewc from build a soil, very happy give them a try you won't be sorry

Sent from my N861 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Just found dragonfly earth medicine online, they seem to have quite a few organic teas and intoxicants. Does anybody have any experience with them?

Sent from my N861 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19.  Okay Tommy, you got me sold & I have to check out Build a soil now....really, $45 for 5 gals (approx.) ??????? Wow...

~Sundance!~   GOOD MORNING GROWERS!!!!!!!!!!  LOL  :bongin:

20. #120 northlat, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    good components for an organic mix come at some expense. but  in comparison,the money spent on one ounce of herb would more than cover most expenditures. my last grow i spent about 200 dollars and yielded 34 ounces from 2meter square. that's the weight of the manicured bud. this season  i've purchased about 350 $ worth of nutrient and mineral amendments,soil test equipment,seeds,and various sundry items. i'll probably upgrade my seed germination set-up to the tune of 75-100$ but heck,lbs. of smoke for 400 or so $ ?   seems like things are quite reasonably priced to me.