Source Turbo + Advanced BHO Tek.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by GroovyGas, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Hello fellow GC members. Some of my popcorn buds finished curing so I blasted them and took picture’s along the way. I’ll be using the source turbo in the Tek.
    Supplies-
    •Source Turbo
    •High Proof Alcohol (Preferably Everclear.)
    •Blasting Tube
    •Refined/Premium Butane
    •Filter
    •10mL syringe
    •0.20um PTFE Filter tips
    •Mason jar.
    IMG_7783.JPG
    [​IMG]
    ————————————————-
    23 grams dry , wet and cured.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ———————————————-
    I usually fill my mason jar about quarter way full with Everclear and blast like you normally would. [​IMG]The alcohol and butane should bubble vigorously for an hour or so depending on the amount of butane used. Once the bubbling stops and the smell of butane Is gone and the amount of alcohol you originally poured in looks about the same I pour the solution into the source turbo reservoir and let it do it’s magic. [​IMG][​IMG]The source turbo runs 120 minute cycles but ur gonna need to stop the turbo once you see about 10mL left in the reservoir and do an initial filtering. As seen below..
    [​IMG]
    After you’ve filters ur solution turn back on the turbo until you see rest of the alcohol evaporate.
    [​IMG]
    Then go ahead and scope up ur extract into a storage container for more purging. [​IMG]

Purge 1 then burp
    [​IMG]
    Purge 2 then burp..
    [​IMG]
    3 then burp...
    [​IMG]
    Final purge... yes burp.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    There ya go! 1.8 grams of some nice clean BHO. The smell and taste is phenomenal after proper purging and filtering.
    Source turbo works amazing as a multi tool extractor and it reclaims 95% of the alcohol to. There an app to that you don’t need but sure helps.
    Here’s a link to the user manual : https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...1c4/1550087728246/Source+Turbo+Manual+V12.pdf
    And here’s a link to the Turbo : https://www.amazon.com/d/Electronics-Store/The-Source-Turbo-By-ExtractCraft/B01B816YN6
    You can also simply make RSO in about 2 hours with the turbo! Just fill a mason jar half full of bud and and pour Everclear just to the top of the bud and shake for 3-5 seconds then use a screen and coffee filter for a clean extract that can be dabbed and shake for 6-15 seconds for a brownish extract that COULD be dabbed. I do 24 hour washes for RSO which I’ll do in the morning and post back. (Sorry for the typing errors I’m exhausted)
    Alrighty time for some shut eye. Hope you enjoyed.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. How do you filter the the solution??

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

3. 0.2Ug wattman filter tip.
    Small enough to catch bud rot and powdery mildew and all kinds of other things a standard coffee filter can’t filter out.

• Like Like x 2
  4. So is that final product a shatter consistency?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Oil. You could load it right into a cartridge.

6. That stuff looks fire bro!!

7. So is there still ethanol in it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. 0 ethanol. I thankfully have a lab an hour away that test legal grower samples/extracts. Careful though cause it’s hard to figure out if it’s all gone if ur strain has high terpenes.

9. Hello, GroovyGas. The final oil looks really good, can you ingest it edibly, in that state? I don't understand how, before you went into the source for extraction, you used a can of Butane to chill the glass tube of dry bud. Did you use any machines in that process? Btw, 10% return seems pretty good for those "airy" popcorn looking buds. I imagine with full nugs you can double to a 20% return, am I right? I found out cancer is developing in my body so i'm thinking of getting a source.