Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sour smelling/tasting weed when vaped.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dr Cuddles, Mar 25, 2011.

1. So I recently picked up a quarter from my regular dealer, and he's always sold me great stuff, but the last batch had a strange hay-like/earthy smell to it, and when I vaped it (my normal method of getting high) it had a sour taste/smell to it, which makes it nasty to vape.

It smokes perfectly fine and is strong, has no mold and has not been laced, but from what I have researched, it has not been properly cured. Anyone else encounter this before? Would you say anything to your dealer about it? Is improper curing the actual cause?

Cheers.

2. Send me some bud and i shall professionally test it for you ;).

3. What type of sour taste do you mean? i've had shit that tasted like sour green apple flavoring before, but i'd consider that a good thing lol

4. If it smells like hay it probably wasn't cured properly. I'd leave it for now, just throw it in a jar.

5. It's a hard flavor/smell to describe. It's 'almost' like slightly bad.. milk? But not nearly as rancid. Nothing like sour apple.

6. Did you check for mold? I'm not exactly sure, as I'm baked and don't grow/cure and everything, but to me that seems like a possibility. Bad curing makes a lot of sense too.

7. Are you talking about the chlorophyll smell? If so then you have to let the weed cure more.

8. I'm about 90% sure there's no mold. I have checked them all for any signs, they most likely just need to be cured more, but considering its only a quarter ill probably just roll these up and pick up some more from another guy.

Would you comment on this to the dealer?