Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sour Diesel, Hindu Kush or Blue Dream

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jdoran_16, Aug 9, 2013.

1. So i plan on picking up a half ounce of some bud soon and my dealer has given me two options. Half ounce of sour d for $170 or half ounce of hindu kush for $150. I don't have that much experience with indica vs sativa but i don't like the idea of a couch lock and i know that hindu kush is a very big couch lock. But also the last time i had sour d, i honestly didnt like it. i felt like it was too weak and short lasting. and im also afraid of indica's because i was at a party once and i was having a good time but we couldn't find beer so i settled for some weed that i picked up from a guy at the party. So i smoked it and afterwards i literally didn't want to be there anymore i just wanted to be left alone. so i would rather stick to sativas. One more thing, he said hes getting blue dream in a couple of weeks but ive been out of weed for three weeks now and i just need to get high. so what should i do?

2. You're over thinking go and buy which looks / smells the best

3. It doesnt matter what we tell you to get because how good a strain is- is relative to how skilled the grower is. Not how world renowned it is.

4. Unless its from a dispensary usually strain names don't mean shit, just peep the bud and cop what looks best fuck what it's called

5. Whether it's the same strain or not it doesn't matter. It all depends on how it's grown or cured,

6. Blue Dream is awesome. I agree with the Sour D high, even the best indoor Sour D doesn't leave me blazed for very long.

7. Personally i'd go with the kush as i enjoy it much more. If you tried the sour D and didn't like it then give the kush a try.

8. Assuming it was grown nicely id go with the sour d. One of the few strains that still gets me blasted even with my high ass tolerance.

9. from experience blue dream is the shit and that's what i would go with

10. I just picked up some medicinal Hindu Kush last night. It almost feels like a different kind of high and it's a strong indica. I'd recommend it.

11. Get a small amount of which ever is dankest anti hold you over until you can get a half o of blue dream. Blue dream is the shit, I'm high on it right now.

12. u allready know u dont want the indica

maybe he can do half and hlaf for $160?

i would go with sour diesal

You mean grower.

We don't all live in MMJ states; there are other ways of getting authentic strains besides from a dispensary.  And frankly, most dispensaries rely on the grower to authenticate the genetics which is facilitated through trust and basic knowledge of what the strain's key characteristics are (look, smell, taste).  If those core fundamentals are met, and the bud is from a reliable source to the clinic, they will take it in as that strain and sell it to the consumer. 

My point is, the grower only knows what it is...and even that can be drilled down to origin of the genetics from the seed or clone they got it from. 

14. The main point I was trying to get across is with 95% of dealers try to market their bud based on some well known name, when many times it probably isn't. That doesn't mean it's not good bud but the name shouldn't really be a main selling point unless you're really confident about what strain it is.

I agree...to a point... I don't think the percentage of falsified strain names is that high however, but a lot of this depends on the demographics of the dealer and the buyer.  In a high school aged setting, names are changed all the time.  In a more sophisticated and seasoned toker setting, a lot of smokers know what to look for in a particular strain.  Google is a powerful tool, and sites like Leafly.com provide valid information on strain characteristics.  For instance, if my dealer was trying to sell me some sort of "Diesel" strain, I'd know by the smell and taste if it in fact is a Diesel.  Then again, I've been smoking for 15yrs, I'm a grower and I've sold my fair share.  So I've seen it all.

Names do mean a lot, but like you are saying...unless it's from a reputable source, it doesn't mean shit.

+1 to you blade.

16. blue dream is some good stuff i cant say if its better than sour diesel tho. had both both were good in my opinion. but i wouldnt write off the sour d just cause you got it from some dude at a party he couldve been drunk and lied to you for all you know. but in all honesty its up to you. if you dont feel like waiting then go with the sour d

17. ^^^This this this^^^^^^^

Best answer of them all.