Sour Diesel Closet Grow Flowering Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jonesv, Mar 14, 2011.

1. #1 Jonesv, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2011
    Intro: First thing you should know is that I don't know how long this plant was in veg. A friend of mine couldn't keep it anymore and i just happened to have a grow box i just finished building. I want to say around 6 weeks from germ. This plant was started with a 150w MH light then once i got it i put it under 3 cfls equal to about 300w. Its now under a 400w HPS

Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom. For right now i've just been feeding her 1:1:1 ratio i might switch it up though now that it has had a week to adjust to lighting any thoughts?

Watering: Ive just been watering every 2-3 days when the inch or two is dried up, ph is kept 6.4-6.6 with my nut mix and my pure water.

Box Info: The box is lined with mylar, air is pulled out by a 4" duct booster fan, i drilled holes in the bottom for intake although the temperature seems to get a little hot with a 400w light so i open the door every now and then to cool it.

The Plant: When I got her i tied some of the branches so they would grow out you can see a little of the effect in one of the pics. Had some problems with burning when i first got here so thats why some leaves are missing or trimmed. Also i FIM'ed the top and don't think i did it quit right but there sure are allot of branches on the top.
    Now for some pictures 1 week into flowering now under a 400w HPS.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] You can see the effects of lst here a little
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    If you have any questions let me know i would be happy to answer. Suggestions are great to untill then i'll be :bongin:

2. Today I put the cfls back up, i think the plant was getting heat stressed. With just the 3 cfls the temperature stays at 78 with the door closed and only the 4" duct fan on. I'm going to be gone for 5 days for spring break so im trying to figure out a watering system...any ideas?

3. Hmm, it's hard to walk away from your plants for that long, especially at this stage and if you have a history of heat stress. While I would never tell anyone about my growing, well except here, if there's anyone in your life who you could trust with this, this might be a good time to take them up on their honesty.

You need to make sure your plants are watered regularly and that they're not getting too much water. if you just bomb them with water before you go, that's not going to help. The nutrients aren't going to work llike they should, etc.

I wonder how those glass ball things work in a pot plant. You know, the things you can put in a garden or flower point that hold water, but only release it when there's not enough water in the pot.

Might be worth a try, but nothing beats having you watch your own plants. Honestly, I'd have thought this through before heading on a vacation during a grow. Too many things can go wrong...

4. Ya i ended up only leaving it alone for two days so i just gave it its normal watering got back yesterday and she's still looking good. :) As far as heat stress i fixed the problem with the cfl's, she actually seems to be growing faster under the cfls than the 400w hps i had. Im not sure how the glass ball things work with marijuana but one of my buddies who used to grow said he tried it and it drowned his plant. Anyway here are some pics :bongin:

5. Here are some pics 2 weeks into flowering now. :smoking:

Attached Files:

6. Thought i'd add that i switched the nutrients to a 3:2:1 ratio and i added in some black strap molasses to hopefully get some fatter buds.

7. Just found out my plant is a hermy but I think i found out soon enough to get some reverse and fix it..? Any help as to what to do would be appreciated pics coming soon. :(

8. #8 Jonesv, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
    Update so I removed all the pollen sacks I could find on the plant last night and only found two today (could have easily missed last night). As of now my plan is to keep removing pollen sacks as they come and hope they stop, i didn't end up buying reverse as i read it doesn't work all that great with plants that have already shown signs of being a hermy. All my pistols are still white and all the sacks i found hadn't opened yet so doesn't look like she/he got pollinated :) also i'd say i picked off about 15-20 mostly in 1's and 2's with only one spot having a small 5 pod cluster.

I think two or three things contributed to this. 1. It was a bagseed so most likely has some hermy genetics already. 2. I think when i had that 400w hps on her she just couldn't take the heat and stressed her out (was under for three days with temps reaching about 104 at hottest times) 3. I left the door cracked open about three inches and i think some light might of got in for about 3-4 hours during dark not really that much light though. I don't think this was the sole problem but may have been a contributer.

I have a question also, is it possible that she will stop producing pollen sacks since she is no longer being stressed or will she continue to produce sacks? Also i'm not sure if this means anything but the bag she was from was some dank (my friend who gave me her says) from a dispensary. I'm wondering if i can atleast keep the pollen sacks down till the bud gets big enough to hide them and get the same results...Either way im not going to kill him/her as it is my only plant. Till then :bongin: