Sour diesel and purple kush outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by adam31, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Is this epsom salt good for plants?

Attached Files:

2. Is that like bath salt? If so I would NOT use it.

3. Nice looking plants, adam31.

4. Here's a couple updated pics of one of my diesel plants. I'd have to say this is my favorite plant just because the way it grew, its got 7 colas all within a few inches of each other ( looking level) Did a bit of trimming on the bottom parts of my diesel plants back when they started flowering about 2 weeks ago ( kush still hasn't started to flower yet). Grew some of those diesel seeds last year and they didnt start flowering until another couple days yet so I'm really surprised at how far along these buds are already. I'm not really feeding them anything other than some miracle-gro every cpl weeks. Anyone wana take a guess at what this plant might yield? This is my smallest one that I started from seed, plus 3 more bigger sour diesel, 2 real nice purple kush plants and 2 sour clones that are about up to my waist.

Attached Files:

5. Epsom salt will will promote growth and provide magnesium.

6. Epsom salt gives the plant calcium and magnesium, just don't over do it

7. #8 adam31, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    Heres some more pics of my other babies in a different location. The first two plants are about 5'5 and all my sour diesel is well into budding (some more than others) and my kush is now starting to flower.\\

How much do you guys think would yield off the first and last plant? the last plants buds are looking alot more developed than the rest. how much longer would ya say to leave them? I harvested the same strain last year on oct 5 and that was a week or too early, but they might be earlier this year.

Attached Files:

8. Yield wise, 6 - 8 oz.  Some of your plants are pretty far along in the budding stage - what strains are shown in pic 5 & 7 (L 2 R)?  Harvest time is always tough to predict:  too many factors.  In my neck of the woods harvest time will be delayed a good week or two for sure; definitely not earlier.  Probably around the middle to late October.  I'm basing this on the harvest of my veggies this year...all of which have been somewhat late, especially cool-season produce.   Just have to wait how this next season will play out and let Mother Nature be the deciding factor on when to harvest. 

9. 6-8 really? I was thinking get at least 4 off the first plant. I also have 2 sour diesel clones about waist high which will produce at least one or two. These buds have some density to them, a buddy of mine harvested this plant last year and got 2 oz off it so I'd be shocked if i only yeild 6-8. And to answer your question JPG, pics 5 and 7 are sour diesel.

Attached Files:

10. A healthy 5.5 foot plant should average around 6 - 8 ozs.   That's per plant.   My reply was not clear.  And yes, some strains do put out some dense nugs, which will up your weight.  Your sour d is well ahead of mine in the flowering stage - what part of the globe are you at?

11. I'm reading on using Sul Po Mag over Epsom salts in the organic section.. just a heads up to read for your selfs

12. I'm In eastern cnd

13. huh, my 5.5 ft plants yield around two lbs

14. was it a bush?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I'm in canada too. Ontario..my plants started flowering late this year (aug 30th)..are first frost will be around october 6th, so I don't think there gonna finish:angry::angry:.I'm way deep in a field. What is good to cover my plants with

Sent from my Rise using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Dude, you're a backyard grower.  You spend each day pampering your plants.  That's not the same as guerrilla grown mj. 

bigc29  - protect your plants with whatever you have, try not to use something that has a lot of white.  And remember to remove the material the following morning.  Some suggestions:  bed sheets, plastic sheeting followed by a light-weight cloth over the top, large brown paper bags (like the ones that hold bird seed or grain), burlap sacks, very light-weight blankets, etc.

17. yeah you're right, had a moment of nutflexia, my bad

18. All cool, man.  By the way, I wish I could grow in my backyard - I'd have a case of nutflexia, too!