Sour Cream (G13 Haze x Sour Diesel)250 watt HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DrRonPaul2012, Jan 28, 2012.

1. #1 DrRonPaul2012, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    Hey GC!!!! this is my second indoor grow... i tried a CFL grow over a year ago but my ventilation was inadequate. So im back again to try a new grow room out. this one i have set up in a spare bedroom closet... so the bedroom is empty along with the closet im using to grow in. I have a window open in the bedroom for fresh air and i have 4 fans in the grow closet.... i have a big box fan blowing hot air up to the top of the closet and i have 2 fans pushing the hot air on the ceiling of the closet out of the crack of the closet door... i also have a fan at the bottom of the crack of the closet door to draw fresh air into the closet grow room as well.

right now i am using 1 42 watt CFL to grow my seedling... im waiting to buy a 250 watt HPS to flower the planets with. I also have many other CFLs to use in the mean time. i have 3 105 watt CFL in the 2700 K and (1) 105 watt CFL in 6500 k that i am not using as of now...the ballests on them get too hot IMO... i also have a few extra 42 watt CFLs too that i am also not using currently.

i am have 3 shop lights with the claps on the ends of them that i can use... right now i only have one running with teh 42 watt CFL in the 6500K range. i am watering with distilled water

the first light came on at noon today... with the planet's first watering as well

teh dimensions of the closet are 7' high x 3' wide x 6' deep
    but i will only be using 3' x 3' max, and the height of the closet gets lower and lower after 3' in; so the 3' x 3' space in front of the door is my focus

the seed is from attitude seed bank... its called DNA sour cream (feminized)

the soil is fox farm ocean forest

i want to get about 4 oz all together... so 1 oz per plant is what im hoping for. Im gunna clone the plant once it is big enough. I also want to LST them so i can get some niiice bushes.

anyone have any ideas to help me out? anything that i might have forgotten?

Day 1 pics

Attached Files:

2. #2 DrRonPaul2012, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
    this should give you guys a better idea of the grow space im working with

the first two shots are of the grow room closet... and the last two are shots with the closet door almost closed within the spare bedroom.... i really hope light leakage won't be a problem

this is about as bright as it gets in the bedroom... and between my make shift cardboard wall in front of the closet door crack and the draps on the windows i think i should be good and my plants will be tucked inside the closet around the corner of the wall so no direct light will be a factor

A/c's are in there only b/c this was storage space before i cleaned most of the junk out to use as a grow closet

Attached Files:

3. does anyone know how to muffle the sound of fans?

4. Sorry I cant help you with your fan problem but you should train your plant because from personal experience SC strecthes alot during first two week of flowering

5. yeah i wanted to LST them anyways... but thanks for the heads up about the stretching... that will be handy info to have once the seedling pops up

6. day 3!!!

got the first true leafs growing. the temps are low 70's

Attached Files:

7. #7 DrRonPaul2012, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    Day 5

She is young but i love her so much :D

Attached Files:

8. i was just reading your goals and i think you could achieve 4oz easily btw nice looking girls !

9. yeah 4 oz is really the minimum i want to get... i think with proper training i may be able to get 8 oz... so about 2 per plant.... i think if i have low enough temps and feed them at a good rate i can hit that mark... is 8 oz asking too much with a four plant 250 watt set up? i hope not

10. Day 8

it was 65 degrees in the grow box yesterday so i turned the fans off over night and now its 80 degrees... i have all the fans on now... i want the room at low 70's degrees

Attached Files:

11. 8 oz off a 250hps is definitely a little high of an expectation. Made me lol in real life actually. Thanks for that.

Hope you prove me wrong.

My goals are I have 4 feminized going right now under a 400w hps and a 125 cfl 7200k

Im hoping for 6 oz about 1.5 off each and judging by there size right now 2nd week into flowering I'm pretty sure I'll get that.

Im using fox farm trio ffof and just bought me the supplemental fox farm trio open sesame, beasti bloomz, cha ching.

12. #12 DrRonPaul2012, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    looking forward to... any other inspirational thoughts you care to share?

and considering its possible to get a gram per watt that would be 8.9 oz's by that calculation... so 8 is completely do-able... have you ever seen Rumpleforskin's set-up? he gets like a pound per plant.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/125539-nirvana-seeds-harvest-pictures.html

13. #13 DrRonPaul2012, Feb 6, 2012
    the room the plant is in is around 70's degrees...maybe 71. I shut the window in the bedroom so it should rise to about 77ish in a few hours. the plant is looking great, i will take pictures tomorrow so the change in growth is more noticeable. I can't wait to buy the HPS light, nutes, one more pot and ventilation... it will be nice to have everything in place finally. I am really excited to clone her, im gunna wait another week or so before i do that tho. I am going to need to buy another pot and water catcher plate so i can have 4 plants, i only have three as of now... i might even try to put 5 in there, but we will wait and see.

14. #14 snax4daze, Feb 7, 2012
    just started my own SCream grow journal and figured I would subscribe and follow....I've done several 250 mh/hps grows and given the sativa dominance of the strain you could do about 2oz per plant but I don't know how many grows you have under your belt so I would say the ounce per is more realistic. I would suggest keeping the lights close to the plants about 6-8inches this will maximize the lumens, about 2-3 weeks out from harvest work in a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Blackstrap-Molasses-16-oz/dp/B000QV19BM"]blackstrap molasses[/ame] feeding or two per week, and lastly with regards to the fan noise you might want to look at a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/SE-Electronic-Stepless-Speed-Controller/dp/B000HQAVNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328599189&sr=8-1"]speedster[/ame].

So, I'm subbing in and can't wait to see the end product....

Snax

15. an oz per plant isn't gunna cut it for me... i think i will have to find a way to grow more plants... i need at least 5 oz's from this... i figure it will take me about 4 months to get a crop... and i roughly smoke at least an oz a month... so in order to make this worth it i need to be able to smoke for free.... idk i hope you guys are wrong lol.... you both have grown this strain before and you LSTed it? i am planning to grow some crazy bushes so unless you guys LSTed i deff expect to get more than whatever you guys got unless you did LST in which i case i deff need to upgrade my lights or grow more plants... i will update pictures when i get home from school later on today

16. Day 11

around 76-77 degrees in the grow room

Attached Files:

17. #17 DrRonPaul2012, Feb 7, 2012
    @ snax4daze

I was just looking at your old grow from last year and im a bit confused.... did you end up using the 400 watt HPS or just the 250 watt mh/HPS?

cus im thinking about getting a 400 watt just so i can get multiple oz's per plant but if you are only used a 250 watt then i suppose i will be ok

Oh and BTW you had a great grow!!!! i can't believe you got 3.4 oz's off that one plant...thats amazing... i hope i can get at least 2 off mine

and thanks for the heads up regarding the van dimmer... im deff gunna get one of those

18. [quote name='"FlipDeDank"']8 oz off a 250hps is definitely a little high of an expectation. Made me lol in real life actually. Thanks for that.

Hope you prove me wrong.

My goals are I have 4 feminized going right now under a 400w hps and a 125 cfl 7200k

Im hoping for 6 oz about 1.5 off each and judging by there size right now 2nd week into flowering I'm pretty sure I'll get that.

Im using fox farm trio ffof and just bought me the supplemental fox farm trio open sesame, beasti bloomz, cha ching.[/quote]

19. @FlipDeDank

I really feel like i've done my home work this time around... i plan on using Humboldt Nutrients line.... specifically HUMBOLDT NATURAL GROW, HUMBOLDT NATURAL BLOOM, and EQUILIBRIUM NATURAL. I really feel like im gunna get bomb nugget but the question is will i get enough to cover my self for 4 months until the next batch is done and plus i need a few extra oz's in order to make my money back... nothing major just like one or 2 would do the trick and it would be to close friends anyways but i really am depending on those few extra... for gas money, food, and i been spending alot up till this point on 'medicine' for my head... i really do need it to sleep