sounds of the underground '06!!!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by jtangorunnin, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Only good band on there is Cannibal Corpse, and ive already seen them play like 4 times.

Not underground AT ALL.

2. As Dave Brockie (Oderus Urungus of GWAR) said, this year's Ozzfest lineup is last year's SOTU lineup (with the exception of GWAR).

like it or not, SOTU is the most mainstream bands of metal. I was thinking about going, but I'm not paying that kind of money to see GWAR and Cannibal Corpse, the only bands on that tour i care about. Besides, they gave GWAR the "halftime" slot, which is downright stupid, given that GWAR could probably carry that tour. Plus, they have the best show of ANY band on that tour bar none.

If they're gonna call it sounds of the underground, they should at least get some underground bands. But hey, at least we didn't have to endure the UK version (whose highlights included Chimaira and Madball :mad:

3. I think its funny how everyone gets mad at the name

ITS NOT UNDERGROUND AHHHHHHHHHH

Who cares? It's Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth!

edit: if you think there would ever be an actual underground tour, grow up... bands like Bad Acid Trip, Marduk, Phobia, Hate Eternal, and the like will not be able to support a huge nationwide tour like this... the reason its called Sounds of the Underground is because metal and hardcore are "underground"... compartively to pop rock and alternative...