sounds kind of stupid

Discussion in 'General' started by nug thug, May 22, 2011.

1. but I personally enjoy it.
    last time I smoked was nearly two weeks ago. I shared two bowls with my girlfriend at different points in the day. One was in the morning, another in the afternoon. She barely smokes weed. She use to a lot more, but up until that point she hadn't in three months, so I know she appreciated it a lot. I appreciated it a lot, too, as I had not smoked in a month and a half prior to that. I appreciated it a hell of a lot more than when I took it for granted; obviously. The wait seemed to be worth it.

Anyhow, on to my point

For the past week, every single dream I have had involves smoking weed. The dreams are extremely vivid. The dreams I've been having since I quit smoking as much have been great. Many know about this.

The entire dream involves much more than smoking, but they are amazingly better. I feel stoned in them, as if my body is actually getting the real feeling. I know dreams make you feel like you do in real life, but I am wondering if my brain is actually having neurotransmitters react in the same manner as when I do when I get high. I find it very possible and wonder if anyone has any research they know of to support this. I also feel a stronger high in my dreams, and I believe this to be because our brains are more responsive to the feeling we have in our dreams.
    I've been going on great adventures, toking with people I haven't seen since I was in preschool, toking with friends whom have left within the past few years that I only got to smoke with a few times, and all sorts of other things. It really feels better than smoking in real life, as silly as it may sound. I don't really tell my friends about all this.. but yeah; it's interesting.

TL;DR: I am wondering if my brain is actually having neurotransmitters react in the same manner as when I do when I get high.

if someone posts, "sounds kind of stupid"
    that's why I made the title what it is.

2. this is somewhat common, especially since ur not smoking anymore and dreams will be more vivid and you will be more likely to remember them, but i really think the drug aspect of the dreams are more placebo than anything

i have DEF had dreams with different drugs i like to do and felt like i was under the influence of them while dreaming...one i can remember the best was from a few weeks ago and i had a dream i was partying with my friends who def party the hardest out of anyone i know...in the dream i was under the influence of an unmentionalbe and it felt so real

i really just think its the placebo effect here, cuz its not like your actually ingesting that drug...people underestimate the power of the placebo effect and the human brain

3. I know that I am not actually ingesting the drug, but I'm sure you know the chemicals are already in your brain. I think that we actually are experiencing the neurotransmitters reaction in our sleep. I've felt anger to the point that I have woken up shuddering with rage, I've felt sad to the point I've woken up with tears running down my face. I've came in my sleep too.
    The brain is capable of incredible things, and I would not put it past this. The placebo effect just doesn't seem to cut it for me.
    both of our opinions are as valid as the other at this point though, since neither of us have solid evidence. I really am curious though

4. u lucid dream?

5. the chemicals dont stay in your brain...using that logic, id still be fucked up from all the drugs ive ever done..drugs are ingested, then eventually out of your system, they dont just stay there

its placebo...if the neurotransmitters were working the way you think they are, then you would literally have to be under the influence of that drug when your sleeping...if u eat drugs before u go to bed then thats the only way your theory can make sense

its just placebo man, simple as that

6. yes, it is rather pleasant

I'm not saying that it is the same chemicals that I inhaled two months ago, I'm saying that there are cannabinoid receptors already in each of our brains. I believe that in some of my dreams, these receptors become active. receptors dealing with dopamine become active in our brains in dreams, so why not these?

7. #7 RageDoses, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011

well what about other drugs? im talking about more drugs here than just weed...so do all drugs work the same way as cannabinoids? bc i have def been dreaming and felt like i was rolling, or tripping, or both....i remember a couple weeks ago i had a dream i was at a music festival, and i ate molly, acid, and was ripping nitrous balloons, and it felt just like how it would if i was actually on those drugs, then i woke up

its placebo, straight up...you believe it bc u believe your dreams, when sumthing really werid happens in a dream, you dont question it til ur awake (unless ur a lucid dreamer), at the time, it feels completely normal and real...which explains why u think ur actually on the drug, bc u believe it...its placebo

8. all the chemicals that you feel from other drugs are triggered by receptors already in the brain that are regulating chemicals. only a small amount of dopamine needs to be released in dreams in order to feel an amount much stronger than that of your waking life. brain activity is heightened, and I believe that you may have actually have had an experience like the other drugs in your sleep. only a CT scan would tell us for sure

9. Well i say it's possible.Our brains runs on chemicals to transmit information.Certain chemicals are released when having sex and the same chemicals are release during a wet dream.Fear releases chemicals as well,those same chemicals that would be released in a nightmare.So it's possible for your mind to release the same chemicals that are released during the consuming of cannabis.

I have as well had weed dreams,and the indeed i was super high in the dream.But dreaming in itself is a chemical being released so,it could be the combination of both that made the high more intense.

10. Your brain doesn't produce the chemicals you ingest when taking drugs, it's as simple as that. Just because you have the receptors doesn't mean your body produces the chemicals..wet dreams are completely different because your body does make that chemical. It's 100% placebo. Seriously.

11. ^^^^ thi guy knows what hes talking about

usint the OPs logic, for the rest of my life when i dream, i will be able to open the receptors for any drug i have ever done once a little bit of dopamine is released

placebo effect, 100%

/thread

12. #12 weednotcrack, May 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011

Your brain produces Amandamine(THC/weed), Enorphins (Opiate/herion) , Serotonin (Cocaine/Alcohol) and Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) Drugs just force you brain to release more of the chemicals.

13. are u seriously trying to convince us that ur brain naturally produces drugs like weed, heroin, coke, and alcohol?

LOL, whats the point of buying them then?

14. our brain does produce drugs very similar to these but in very small amounts. their release can be triggered by certain events like going into shock etc

15. yeah u guys are right, FUCK buying drugs...all i need to do is sleep and then ill have all the drugs i want lol

one day u guys will prove darwinism

16. You buy them so your brain will release a shit load of them at once,duh

them being the chemical of choice

17. These chemicals are only released on cue.
    Enorphins are released when you need a natural painkiller if say a huge tree falls and smashes your leg. Serotonin can be released by forcing yourself to smile for five minutes when you wake up in the morning.

18. no shit

but what were arguing here is that its the placebo effect...nothing about neurotransmitters, i know what they are and what they do

being high in dreams is placebo effect, straight up

19. Are you calling dreams placebos? :confused:

20. ^^^ you need to re-read this thread apparently