Sound skipping

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Berzerker42500, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Hey guys,I'm not really much of a computer person other than knowing how to operate the basic shit.

Well recently any time I play any music(which I usually go on youtube to find music rather than downloading anything)it sounds like it skips,especially when i move the mouse around.

This didn't start happening until I updated my adobe video player(i think that's what it was)I don't know if that has anything to do with it,but that's when i started noticing it.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong and any solutions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Are you using IE or Firefox, google chrome... What browser?

I would suggest disabling all your add-ons in your browser and then test it, if its still skipping its not an add-on thats causing it.

if you updated adobe video player to a newer release and that seems to be causing it uninstall adobe and install a version before that one.

Still didn't fix it check sound drivers.

-----------------

If your using firefox. Tools>options>General>manage add-ons you can enable and disable in there for Firefox (Also go ahead and clear your cache)

--------------------------------------

If your using IE then try the following. Tools>Internet options> programs>Manage add-ons and disable addons from there to test.

Also with IE try - Tools>Internet options>Advanced>Restore default security settings and apply. then do "Reset" and apply, close IE and all IE windows and reopen.

------

The IE restoring default security options works more than you would think :D

3. It's probably the flash plugin that is giving you hiccups. Flash is a known resource hog, so if you got several instances of it running (like say you got a few tabs open in your browser, and at least one of them are running a few flash based ads) weaker PCs will slow to a crawl.

Also Flash coming from adobe that primarily make software for that despicable other operating system which I shall not name, it's not entirely unlikely that the Flash update screwed some of its installation up, leaving behind legacy files and such.

So close down your browser, uninstall Flash entirely (control panel -> program & features -> select the Flash program and hit uninstall). When done, open your browser, head to the Flash download site (just google "flash download" and go to the official adobe site), download the flash installer and follow instructions.

Good luck and have fun :)

4. Thanks guys!

I'm gonna see what I can do when I have some free time.

5. This took care of it!

Thanks so much for the help guys!