Sound of my life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, Oct 14, 2011.

1. #1 TheJourney, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    A few days ago I was meditating. I was trying to just watch my thoughts, without getting caught up in them. After a bit something that is difficult to sufficiently explain, but I found to be quite interesting, occurred. My thoughts sort of transformed. The voice that I heard wasn't mine, and "I" wasn't thinking it at all, I was just watching it, completely separate. And it was more than just a voice saying words, there was like a rhythm to it, and other sounds or something as well. I can't remember for certain whether the words that were said necessarily all had logical coherency, or rather were just certain phrases and things that evoked strong feelings were said. Like I said, the main voice I heard wasn't mine, and I really can't think of anything or anyone that it sounded like from memory, but it seemed so familiar and like it struck a pretty intense emotional connection with me. It was almost as if there was a rhythm, and a voice, that was representative of my life, and I heard it. I know I didn't describe this well, and it may not sound like much, but it was very cool and interesting. I think we all have a sort of rhythm to us, and a certain "feeling-tone" associated with it, maybe I was just tapping into that? Idk.