sorta depressed

Discussion in 'General' started by Acid Raindrops, Jan 13, 2009.

1. It's like I know the right from wrong, but I have no motivation to change and I hate myself. I hate the people around me, the drama. People I think I cared about me tell me they love me and they stop talking to me (Not girlfriends) and I think about my character defects even more. I know I should get a GED and go to college, I dropped out of school when I was 15 because I had no motivation and was depressed. I never even had a girlfriend until last year because I feel like such a piece of shit all the time and don't think I deserve it or even have any motivation to have a relationship even if someone tells me I do deserve it. What the fuck is wrong with my head? I wish it was that easy, I want to have the motivation and confidence to start my live and get my GED and license and a girlfriend and I know it's probably for the best but there's always something inside my head telling saying "Fuck it." everytime and the time keeps drifting on even more, my family looking down on me in disapointment. I think I must be seriously fucked up in the head, I'm such a hypocrite I think I know all the answers but I don't take my own advice and here I am about to mix another whiskey. Anyone have any advice? :(

2. there is nothing anyone here can do for you. i dont think hearing something from someone you dont know will make you want to buckle down and get your shit together.
    I wish you the best of luck though. hopefully you can make the changes you need sooner than later

3. study about something to get your mind off yourself for a while. call girls up on the phone and try and spend all your time with them. think up of ways to accept yourself even if everybody else doesn't all the time. go outside and stare at the sun and ask it for help- then at night ask the moon to help you, tell it/ask it whatever you want. find a friend/girlfriend to confide in/talk to- someone who knows your situation and might try to comfort you or take you riding around or something. just try and do anything besides feel down on yourself, when you start to feel like that- think quick and do something else like go outside, read the newspaper, or use the phone/internet, anything to keep you feeling different from feeling depressed. you could exercise too.

4. Hey man, I just wanted to let you know that depression hits almost everyone, but I also want to let you know that a minority of things happen to us in our lives; the majority of it, however, is how you handle it.

If you hate your friends or feel betrayed by them, then who needs them? As good of a person you are, you can't change them. but you can change yourself. There are way too many people in the world to worry yourself than to worry with only a few, insignificant nuisances. Try not to focus on the bad things about your life and try to motivate yourself into doing productive things. Develop a hobby, find something you like doing. I observed that depression can stem from the lack of productivity in your life.

I battled and still am battling with depression, but knowing that others are suffering as well brings me a bit of comfort. I've considered suicide. I'm still here and there are several others that you can talk to. This is what a forum is, a place of community. You can talk, read, and share your problems with people. Most of the time people will listen and give you their input.

So in the meantime, keep busy. Keep your life active and do not focus on the things that drag you down. You can't expect to get out of depression if you don't try to fight it, even if it seems like a never-ending process. Stay with the fight, man, cause you're not alone.

Best of luck, and sorry for the long post. Just doin my best to help a fellow out

5. Youre just bored. Socialize.

And your life doesnt sound any different than millions of other peoples.

6. It's sorta hard for me I have social anxiety. :eek:

7. Yeah I do too. But I still socialize. Come on, youre not even trying.

8. being depressed is hard. i know because i think i am also depressed. i feel just about the same way about shyt. fukk it. Codone, once and if you hit the bottom it isnt as easy as it sounds to just get up ad wanna do something. it's like when you do one small litle thing fucks your whole mood up and whole day....it's to much on the plate to talk about...and i wish i had an answer but im still dealin with it.

9. I know this is probably the one thing you DONT want to hear... but it is probably the thing that you most likely need to do:

Stop smoking. No matter how much you love smoking, man it really does de-motivate a majority of people in a sense, just there are people who know how to break through that wall and motivate themselves while being high. Then there are the others who have no idea how to do that... weed effects everyone differently and it seems like it is not having a positive impact in your life.

Trust me... I was in your same situation (sans dropout) and have rethought my motivation in life, and realized I am going to be taking a long ass break... and who knows that break may be smoking once every few monthes, maybe weeks, or maybe stop forever... I just need to test it out and see how everything falls into place, because I am a tottally different person when not high, one that I LOVE!

So don't take my advice to heart if you don't want to... just throwing it out there for something to ponder one.

Best of luck bro.

10. I am better, i mean i used to not have any friends to hang out with at all and never had a girlfriend but i was able to get a couple friends and hold a relationship for a 1 week and i had a job for a month. i have a motivational problem i always over analyze things.

11. #11 Codone, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    You dont know shit about the bottom.

You think you're depressed? Come on. You think? You dont even know what rock bottom is.

12. Yeah, well stop blaming "motivational problems" and actually get your ass up and do something.

You dont have to have friends to socialize. You need to interact with other people. Friends or not, it doesnt matter.

You're not fucked in the head and neither is half the other people who "think" they are.

13. oh is this right.....how's your wrist look right now.....i could show you mines....maybe you've have hit the bottom...don't judge and assume what I've been through boy.

14. Okay well if you cut your wrists then yes you do have emotional problems.

15. it is a motivational problem because its like i have nothing to look forward to, just more bullshit. im weak. i dont even have anything to look forward to after death because i dont believe in a heaven. i dont have anyone to trust and the economy is failing. what is ur motivation and how did u find it?

16. it's been awhile since but im just saying you just come up in here talkin shyt to people who claim they are depressed makes those select few even more fukked up....lighten up a little is all

17. Yeah, I know what ya mean.

Some people just need to learn that's how life is. Everyone has motivational problems. Like the other user said, stop smoking pot. Once you begin being active, you will realize how good it makes you feel.

The more you do, the better you will feel.

18. you got a good head on your shoulders bruh.....i appreciate a positive type of feedback for real...

19. if your problem is motivation, look at it this way.

I'm assuming your social problems come from low-self esteem?

Workout. Run. Do something, because it either balances chemical INbalances while in the mean time gives you confidence in yourself. I don't know in what physical shape you may be, but feeling good and looking good is always a start

20. Instead of talking about it, just do something to change so you can be happy. You know you are not happy because of it, but just realizing the problem will do nothing if you do not motivate yourself to change.

Sorry if that was a bit blunt, good luck man.