Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sorry if this has been done to death.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Person54321, Mar 7, 2011.

1. I am severely emetophobic (sorry if we come over here too much) and I was wondering. If you felt like you were gonna puke and took a hit or two, would it possible to just not throw up? Say you had a stomach flu or food poisoning. I remember having a nasty stomach ache for like a week due to new meds and my friend came over and gave me half a joint. I was instantly cured enough to finally fall asleep. So I was wondering if it would be possible to pretty much never throw up if you took a hit before you felt it coming on.

2. Taking a hit when you're about to throw up? That's sounds like an awful idea, if anything it'll make you green the fuck out and throw up further.

The last thing on my mind is smoking when I'm about to puke. ;)

3. So it only helps if you're nauseous but not about to puke? Darn...

4. Yep! I've had joints when I wasn't feeling my best, that's fine. Puking is a whole other thing - do not try it, trust me. :smoke:

5. the feeling that you were going to puke but not actually puking right? i mean the feeling that you get when you want to puke is nausea. and weed helps with nausea for sure. try it out i mean i don't see where it could go wrong

6. Yeah. I mean sitting there willing myself not to throw up, before any puking actually happens. So in the stage of bad nausea before barfing. Like I said, it helped with moderate nausea, but I'm not sure how well it would work for severe.

7. dont listen to em man,
    when i get a little queezy after a few too many, i still smoke!
    no matter if i just threw up, or are about to, i never skip the blunt :D

but if your talkin sick sick, not drunk sick, idk

8. try it out and see what happens, worse case you throw up. then you know that you don't do it again. but i think you'll be fine
    post back with results please

9. Try it out, but don't do like a big bong hit. Just like a spoon or a joint. Otherwise you'll puke for sure.

10. Careful with these. A bong rip or 2 might work better. As long as it's not as harsh.

If you start coughing you might be done for. A nice light -smooth- bong hit could be what you need. A dry hit from a joint or pipe might not be the best idea but make sure you take it easy.

11. Haha...The answer to your question is....

Yes cannabis is the Cure to throwing up :rolleyes:

12. There is a big old section on "Nausea" (and emesis) in my "Granny Storm Crow's List". Click the first link in my sig and read to your emetophobic heart's content. The answers you want are in there and are based on scientific research!

Granny :wave:

13. #13 Person54321, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
    Cool thanks for the link. I'm thinking if you could vaporize instead of smoke, it would be better. I also heard you want an indica instead of sativa for this? I have the medical kind. Apparently emetophobia is real enough for a card :) (makes sense though, since it's anxiety and nausea combined constantly). Hopefully I have no reason to update if this works, but I'll let you know...

14. I have found that it helps a lot as long as the sick feelings were not brought on by alcohol or another drug.