Sorry, i have been here before

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dankbudz4u, Dec 8, 2009.

1. So i have posted a couple times, with beginners questions but to be perfectly honest i either didn't follow the instructions or didn't have all the materials or space to grow on my own.

Now that that is out of the way, I have my own place now and the space to do grow in. I want to take this one step at a time. I am going to begin with only one plant and see how i do before i take on the challenge of multiple plants. My question is, what type of lighting should i buy and where can i get it at? do i need more then one light? i have the medium and everything else i am just stuck on the lighting. Before i used a regular flourescent light and it did ok but i am sure i could do better. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you and look forward to taking your advice.

2. allo mate, if you ave a look at he stickys you'll find the answers to your questions, youll need to work out how much room you have first, HPS lights are probably the best, but cause a lot of heat/ventilation issues. CFL's are cheap, slightly cooler, and can be used in a confined space. pay a lot of attention to the stickys re: spectrums, lumens, and wattage. kamels cfl guide is in the stickys in this section and really helps out a lot.

good luck.

3. what do you mean by pay attention to the stickys???

4. At the top of every forum category, are topics, and in these topics are the answers. They are "stickied" to the top of the forum so that you CAN'T miss them.

You figured out how to join and post...

5. If you can afford it in my opinion the best lighting is HID. Also in my opinion 400w MH for Veg and 600w HPS for Flowering is optimal.