sorry for my ignorance

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JerseyCoast, Nov 30, 2009.

1. does flowering regard to the DAY you switch to 12/12 or does flowering refer to the DAY white pistols began sprouting from your plant. i feel like different people use them interchangably but im trying to see how far along my plants are as compared to others but i am unsure on where to count from. i am currently 22 days from 12/12 but i would say only 4-5 days since white pistols showed. ty CITY

2. That's one of those depends on who you ask things. That's why I always state it similar to the way you have... "i am currently 22 days from 12/12" ;)

3. ok so it just started showing pisols after 15 days. is this normal, and if so how much longer do i have usually?. its a soil grow hps and cfl supplement. Nirvanas kaya gold and swiss cheese

4. This one is tough to nail down. As Hipster stated above, MOST people will refer to their 12/12 duration based on when they started their plant on 12/12. BUT, when you're talking about "Flowering Time" for a specific strain, it's from the time it shows that it's flowering.

In other words, if your strain takes 8-10 weeks to finish, and you've been in 12/12 for 3 weeks but they've only shown pistils for one week, you still have between 7-9 weeks to finish.
    Good Luck! :smoke:

5. I totally agree, "flowering" is based on when the plant starts to show flowers. Think of it this way: on an outdoor grow, nobody flips any light cycles, so it makes no sense to think of measuring flowering in any way that has to do with light cycle.