sorry for asking yet again but.........

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WANTED, Nov 7, 2007.

1. hi again everyone
    right to the point my plants have now passed my lights i am day 3 of week 3 into flowering them i have been told by my local shop and a couple of folk here that i should have flowered when they were around 12" instead of 26" - 28" high whoops anyways what im trying to find out now what are my options ? i have bought a net but am unsure if i just place it over the top or pull the top flower through and get the net to a level further down the stem ? is there a rule of thumb as to how far you can bend a plant one idea i have had is to higher the lights (only have about another 6-8 inch headroom) and move the plants outwards and bend inwards ??? or does anyone have anther idea ? ps plants are stretchy next grow will look at lst ang getting them fimmed or topped earlier to make em bushier also been told that they should start to slow down with the aggresive growth cycle by the end of week 3 ??? so anyone any ideas ??? will get a couple piks later as they sleeping now ah one last thing as plant like light spectrums of blue or red if i get a torch and put a green filter on it would it be safe to go in the bloom room while they sleeping ???

cheerz

2. i would not risk it m8 but i not sure. move your light up as much as u can mine are in to 4th week now and have stoped growing upwards u can bend as much as u like but just not till it gonna snap it will start bending under the weight of the bud soon anyway and u will need to tie them up with string

3. You could also try doing a scrog, but if you want to try that you'd need a stronger screen than just a net (like chicken wire). You let some of the plant grow up to the screen, and then start to "weave" the leaf/branch through it. If you're careful and consistent in your training, the plants will start to grow using the screen as a frame and grow outward more than upward. There are good guides to scrogging here on GC which you should read if you want to try it. But you'll still gain some height, no matter what you do.

4. Tie 'em down.

You probably can't bend them all the way over like with true LST, the stalks and stems probably are too stiff for that now, but you can bend it over and tie it at perhaps a 10 degree angle off vertical, leave for a couple of days until the plant develops the bend naturally, then re-tie tighter at another 10 degree increment, and so on until you get the stalk adapted to growing at an angle.

The very top might be more flexible and could be tied to bend down even more.

The key is to tie it tight but not to snap the stem. The plant will adjust to this tension and assume the bend naturally.

This may or may not solve your height problem. Another thing you could do is angle the pot by putting something under one side of it, so that the whole plant is at an angle. Basically you will need to try to work the plant to be more horizontal. Keep in mind that new growth will always adust towards the light, so you will need to adjust continually over the next several weeks.

5. :) i have tied em down will post piks shortly dam camera eats batteries