Sorry, another ph question...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by w0034, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Ok, it seems like most of what I'm reading about ph refers to hydro setups. I'm in soil. My ph is at 7.5 coming out of the tap. Should I really adjust this down before using it? What is a good method for doing so? I have seedlings around 20 days old. They are looking very healthy (from my inexperienced opinion).

Thanks,
    w0034

2. well first what kind of soil u got?

3. Important...^^^

Most soiless mixes like hydro level pH...

[​IMG]

4. Roots organic 707.

[​IMG]

5. 707 mix is more of an outdoor dirt, when you transplant I would switch to the regular Roots organic or Royal Gold Basement.

6. Yes. Once the question was asked, I read that as well. They are in 1 gallon pots (most of them) now. I'll do that for sure when I go to bigger 3 or 5 gallon ones. So much for listening to the hort store guy... / facepalm

Royal gold basement, that sounds perfect!

Thanks!

7. I switched to it when Roots dropped the Oyster Shale out of the regular mix. I will say whenver I look at my RG I think it needs perlite but then I look in my flowering room and realize... no it doesn't.

8. Yes, you have to ph your water. The little liquid ph kit with ph up and down costs about $20. Bring the ph down to the 5.5 to 6.5 range. Ph problems can really mess with your plants.

9. Can I use vinegar to adjust the ph in my gallon of water solution?

10. there not stable after like a week it will go back