Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sore throat... how to smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 269257, Mar 11, 2011.

1. I have a sore throat. Was okay yesterday morning. I smoked all day with friends. Was fine. Smoked blunt. Was okay, hurt a little but still smokable... But by last night when I smoked before bed, OUCH. I took two hits and said fuck it this buzz is enough to knock me out. Now morning, my throat hurts less than last night, but I smoked a hit or two and it still hurts like a mother fucker. I found some cough drops, should I put five in my mouth then smoke? All I have is a fuckin' spoon cause someone jacked my bong out of my car. :(

If I can't Ill just wait til Im better, I just wanna get high B)

2. If you keep smoking it's just going to continue to hurt, just take a break for a day or 2 and eat a shit ton of those cough drops until you feel better.

3. As I said, I dont have a problem taking a break, but if there are some surefire suggestions then I'd like to know.

4. Smoke indica till you can't feel anything?

5. Onion juice. Works like a charm.

6. Even if something makes it so your throat doesn't hurt while you smoke, smoking more will only exacerbate things, and prolong your pain. While if you just don't smoke for a day or two, your throat will feel better and smoking won't be a problem.

7. if you can stop, stop. if you don't want to try to use/make a bong or borrow a vape (doubt that is possible though)

8. I swear I thought it said "I found some eye drops, should I put five in my mouth then smoke?", thinking, "God no!"

But, I have a feeling you're inhaling through the throat, in a sense.
    It's hard to explain, but you have to drag straight into your lungs.
    I had the same problem before, and I'd always cough, and it's just bad.
    So, just practice your inhaling, straight into the chest.

9. Well for one you probably shouldn't take five cough drops at once. I think most cough drops say something like take two max per hour. The thing is you can smoke with the sore throat, its just not going to heal until you give it a break. I get this too when I've been on a nice smoking streak and the only thing that makes it better is to take a couple days off.