Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sore throat from smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Freshgreen, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Over the last 3 - 4 days, every time I puff, I get this tight/sore throat. I smoke cigs too and don't have any issues. I've tried different types of bud at different types of day and same thing every time. I don't think this has ever happened to me before it's just strange...

Thoughts?

2. This sort of used to happen to me when I first started smoking MJ. I would smoke one joint and then in the morning I'd have a scratchy/sore throat. Never experienced tightness though. My issue eventually went away after a couple of weeks. I would go to the doctor and make sure it isn't anything serious. Also, I know its tough but you should try and quit the cigs man.

3. i laughed one time after i had just taken a bong hit and that shit gave me sinus infection i think.

4. Smoke a light smoke when it does that.
    Cures it right up!

-Past Experiences

:hello:

5. so not true, smokin with a cold isnt smart.

6. it is strange to me that you say you experience this from weed and not from cigarettes... because for me, cigarettes are physically painful for me to inhale. i attribute this to the fact that the first time i ever smoked cigs, i smoked about 10 in only a few hours... i realize now how stupid that was, but i was at a music festival and my buddies just kept handing them to me. i was really enjoying smoking outside and listening to music, but i inevitably puked my guts out that day and cigarettes have always sucked for me after that (this was about 8 YEARS ago). my only explanation is that my body rejects them now because of what i did my first time. i have never had weed smoke hurt the way tobacco does for me. i know for sure i will never be able to enjoy a cigarette again. all i can say is i hope you do not have the same issue with mj

7. get a bong/bubbler so the hits will be smoother

or drink nyquil

8. Itll go away, just give the smoking a rest, including the cigs and especially massive bong rips.

It just means youve irritated your throat.