Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sore throat after smoking a j

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by balanala, Jan 29, 2011.

1. i seem to get a really sore throat the morning after smoking a j, does anyone else get this? is this normal for weed in general or could there be something wrong with the weed itself.

ps, i was with freinds passing the joint around if that helps.

2. Weed generaly does that unless you vape. After a year or so you wont get it unless you smoke a fuck load.

3. yeah, i used to get sore throats every now and then but i haven't had that happen in a long time. drink water when you blaze.

4. Listen to the others. Drink water when you toke up and it should go away once you get used to smoking.

5. just drink water while your smoking makes the biggest difference .

6. Smoke in general is a natural irritant for our bodies especially the throat and eyes (mucous membranes) and marijuana smoke is no different my friend. Not to mention the actual paper to roll a joint with usually makes the smoke a little harsher than a clean bowl hit for instance. Don't worry, it's a very normal and common occurrence.

What I recommended is remaining hydrated with water by drinking before, during, and even after your session. Along with your throat it will also help with cottonmouth and your eyes as well.

If it still hurts, I know of this special herb thats a natural pain killer. Maybe you've heard of it lol :p

7. Like everyones already said, it often bothers some people but after a while it shouldn't be a problem. Drinking while you smoke definatly helps.

8. i havent had a sore throat in years