Sootless candle?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by chen, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Is there such a thing? I use beeline right now when hitting my light bulb vape, but it gets annoying having to hold it, ash it, unspool it, etc.

I would use a normal candle but I'm afraid it would get the bulb really sooty really fast. Of course I could just wipe it off occasionally but I'd prefer not to have to do it so often. Do they make any candles that give off less soot than ordinary candles?

Maybe I'll just try a normal tea candle, I know things get really sooty when you touch the flame to the bulb, and you really don't need to get the flame that close, so maybe it won't be that bad.

2. even if they have that wax is still going to drip every where

3. Meh, I can handle the wax easily enough, or hopefully it'll be like those little tea candles that come in a metal cup that don't drip.

4. #4 anarchyreigns, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
    Use a beeswax candle. Most candles use paraffin wax, which is made from petroleum products and emit soot and toxins. Beeswax candles on the other hand, burn sootless, last longer, burn brighter and don't have lead or other types of metal in their wicks. Also, because they have the highest melting point of any wax, they last far longer. I use them to light my Bee-Line.

I wouldn't use a candle to light the bulb vape though due to wax drip. But if you want a sootless candle for any other reason, beeswax is the way to go.

Couple of online retailers here:
    About Our Beeswax and other ingredients - BeeswaxCandles.com

and

Beeswax Candles - 100% Pure Beeswax Candles, Tapers, Pillars, Votives & Tealights from The Beeswax Candle Company

5. alcohol lamp

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EExzRDIqzxM]YouTube - How to Make an Alcohol Lamp[/ame]

6. There is a brand called SOI, and they're candles dont expel any soot, they are also made with soy oils, so the wax can be used as a moisturizer.. You can give those a try..