Soooooooo

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RomanEmpire420, May 2, 2014.

As soon as I see the first roots start to pop out the bottom of my pots I transplant. I don't remember your soil, but I think it's FFOF. If it is, you'll be nute free for about 4 or 5 weeks. 

The hardest thing to do is LITFA and let it grow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  2. all looks good man sorry it took awhile to get back but your def on the right path keep growin n tokin :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  3. They look pretty healthy for day 8 !

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. They will stall once they've gotten enough leaves to provide the energy they need to grow roots. The roots will spread out for about a week while the plant just kind of sits there. You're fine.
    And asking questions before you do something is a strategy most new growers don't have. Lol

@MedCannabis101

• Like Like x 3
  5. What does auto flower mean. If u don't have auto flower do you have to do setting special to make the plant grow buds?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. It means you don't have to switch your light schedule to 12/12 in order for the plant to start the production of buds. It will flower on its own somewhere between 4 to 6 weeks old. Also from what I have read, There have been cases though where some autos just don't flower on their own and need to be switched to 12/12!

7. #50 jmq21, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    And yes if you don't have autoflowering seeds you need to switch to light schedule to 12 hours on and 12 hours of to induce flowering. Shortly after that you will be able to tell the sex of the plant, unless you already have feminized seed in which case you don't have to worry for males. But I'd still check for hermies or what not. Which will have both female and male reproductive organs.

8. Yes. Most cannabis is photoperiod controlled. To make them grow in their vegetative state, where they grow leaves and no flowers, most growers use an 18/6 light schedule. That's 18 hours of light and 6 of dark. This simulates the longest summer days and all, except auto flowers, will stay in a vegetative state. The plants can live like this for years and many growers keep plants alive for years as 'mothers' that they get clones from. 

To make a plant produce flowers it needs to think it is the fall, so lights are switched to a 12/12 schedule. This will cause all, except autos, to start to produce flowers and eventually die.

Autos never really get a vegetative state and tend to produce flower as soon as they get old enough; usually around four weeks. With this in mind many growers give the plants 20/4 light schedules. This gives the plant the maximum amount of lumens it can absorb in a day and gives the plant a chance to go into its sleep cycle.  

:bongin:

• Like Like x 3
  9. I don't know much about autos but for day eight and they look fine man, when there seedlings they do weird things, in two-weeks you'll be amazed!

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1287076-First-Grow-eva!-Help-is-welcomed:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. id keep number 1 around bro, dont forget that its a weed, and weeds are famously resilient, i knocked over a seedlings pot yesterday derooted it it was covered in dirt and I just replanted it and watered it a  lil bit in hopes itll bounce back, and as of this morning it looks better than yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. weed is weed for a reason lol
    Resilant as hell!
    I had the same situation dumped my plant during transplant and it was drenched with dirt and the root ball was fucked, but the plant is looking very nice now!

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1287076-First-Grow-eva!-Help-is-welcomed:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coming home from Mother's Day shopping.. :/

Ayyyyyyee, Mothers come First bro.  :bongin:

15. I've been wrecking my brain trying to figure out how to make a 2 bucket RDWC system.. Think I'm going to give hydro a run with a few autos. I want to max my yield. But I'm lost. Buddy of mine have me a sample pack of some nutes and I figured why not. Since I have most of the shit lying around.

16. Yea. Neither. But it's all in fun. Ive decided to just do a 1 bucket for now and see how it goes from there.

• Like Like x 1