Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sooo weird..but it worked...pls help??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bsj2468, Aug 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. So I made some oil. I actually got this recipe from another post. It goes
    7 grams
    Organic coconut oil
    Soy lecithin
    Mason jar
    That's it... I decarbed first. 240 for I believe 45 min. My oven is older. the temps fluctuated but never went below 240. It could have been decarbed better. ( it was still a little green smh) I didnt measure. I grounded the bud up in a mason jar, used just enough oil to cover the bud, and tossed in a spoonful of soy lecithin.
    I put it in the oven at 220 for 20 min, froze it, put it in the oven 220 for 20, did it one more time and took it out.
    I took a spoonful right away and nothing smh. I waited a day and the mixture had solidified and separated. green whatever at the top and decarbed bud at the bottom.( I didnt strain). I Took some more but just skimmed off the top because I thought you weren't supposed to eat the actual decarbed bud??!!. ppl would always say strain it. Anywho...nothing
    I was so mad I let it sit for maybe two weeks or more. I ran out of weed and went back to the oil one day and said fuck it. I took a spoonful of everything even the decarbed bud... I was baked for hours. So my question is...why???? I dont want to have to wait. What did I do wrong or right?? The other thread I got it from, that's guy didnt have to wait.

2. Same thing has happened to me before, delayed effectiveness.
    There are probably a couple of things involved.

First, if you didn't pre-heat the mixture to 220 F before putting it in the oven, then you might not have cooked it enough. Without that heating, the herb might not have become as digestible as it needs to be.

Second, even if you didn't cook it enough, time eventually marinates the herb enough to become extremely digestible. I'm soaking some decarbed herb powder in olive oil right now without ever adding lecithin or heat. I'll give it a try after a full month.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I see. So do you think that I should cook it in the oil at 220 a little longer?

4. If the concoction is potent right now, then probably no more heating is needed.
    The few weeks of time probably did what more heating would've done.
    I'd probably try 220 F a bit more on a small batch to see whether it helps.
    Bear in mind that edibles can be very inconsistent, so more than 1 trial is usually needed, at least the average of 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. My understanding is when decarbing in oil it takes about 2 1/2 hours in the oven. I'm glad yours finally turned out fine. Eating the herb with the oil will certainly boost potency.

6. Couple of suggestions and possible answers.
    If you did the heating in a mason jar it may not have gotten hot enough in just the two 20 minutes cycles.
    Be careful with glass as I lost a batch of hash oil when the dish shattered. ( why I use a metal cat food dish now)
    You can add more heat and freeze cycles but it tends to make it less speedy and much more couch lock heavy.

Dosage and what you have or have not eaten can affect how fast or how intense the stone is.
    Even now after years of making and taking the same exact recipe capsules I'll get days where I'm like where is the high. And a few days later the same dose blows my socks off and I'm ripped as can be.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. Another little trick if you low dose and are not stoned is have a toke or 2 off the pipe.
    It'll boot the edibles in the ass and bring them up in your face for about an hour.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1